AVP, Lead Wireless Engineer, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 26 Jun 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
To design, program, implement and operate wireless and data centre optimization solutions to support technical and business requirements through timely delivery and compliance to internal technical standards and processes.
- Troubleshoot complex wireless and data center environments
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of highly complex wireless and data center optimization and relocation problems in the data center environment
- Design, program, implement and operate enterprise solutions to improve wireless and wired infrastructure and security compliance checks performance, capacity, and availability
- Identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for enterprise cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency
- Develop operational strategies such as End of Life (EOL), hardware/software product roadmaps, and vulnerability management
- Manage and understand the financials for wireless/wired and data center optimization/relocation projects
The person should have over 7 years of network and data centre engineer experience with the following skills and competencies:
- Experience with leading banking Infrastructure projects such as server migrations and data center optimization / relocation
- Experience in highly complex data center optimization/relocation with the following technologies: data center inter-connect, network virtualization, modular data center concept, server virtualization, data center circuits migration, data center structured cabling
- Experience in highly complex wireless and wired network security compliance infrastructure with the following technologies: ISE, NAC, WLC, AP, 802.1x, Active Directory integration, network switch configuration
- Extensive knowledge in working together with data center infrastructure components like server platforms, storage and network security
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 9000, Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, Nexus 2000, Arista 7250QX, 7150, 7050X, F5, ADX SLB
- Strong experience with network analysis tools like Kibana, Solarwind, Gigamon, Netbrain
- Should have a recognized Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong in programming and analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Can handle multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in financial management such as Investment cost, CAPEX, OPEX, Recurring cost, P&L, Depreciation
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science
- 7+ years of experience in supporting complex banking IT environment or equivalent
- The person would be expected to report to domain owner of network department and work as a team member in the network team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.