AVP - Product Control & Governance/Global Markets Structuring (1 Year Contract)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 19 Sep 17
AVP - Product Control & Governance/Global Markets Structuring (1 Year Contract)Job Description
Product Control and Governance is the function in Group Risk Management responsible for P&L Reporting and Attribution, P&L Reconciliations, Valuation Controls, Market Data & Book Controls and Structured Products governance.
This role is responsible for furnishing accurate and timing P&L reporting to the Global Markets Structuring (GMS) business, covering the following desks, namely the Equities Solution, Commodities, Retail Solution, Cross Asset Structuring, Fixed Income & Credit Derivatives.
- Provide daily P&L reporting to the Trading desks, furnish with the P&L commentary.
- Reconcile daily P&L to the Trader's estimate and explain any P&L variance beyond the threshold.
- Perform daily P&L attribution process to explain the drivers of P&L movements.
- Conduct P&L stop-loss monitoring to ensure there is no breach against the approved threshold.
- Perform daily Knock-In Knock-Out barrier monitoring, check against trader's decision and match with the trade bookings.
- Monitor daily option event, check to ensure underlying trade has been created post option exercised.
- Support new product rollout, to involve in the review and update any changes to the existing workflow.
- Compute month-end reserve and provide figures to post into the ledger.
- On a monthly basis, to reconcile the P&L against output from the ledger and explain the P&L differences. Post reconciliation, to make adjustment to the reported P&L or ledger where necessary.
- A degree or professional qualification in accounting, business, or related fields;
- Must possess at least 8-10 years of experience in Product Control.
- Good understanding of the global market products including commodities, equity derivatives, rates, fixed income and credit derivatives.
- Act as a team player and yet able to work independently to meet the deliverables.
- Able to work within tight timelines.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task; and
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills.