- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Operates as the bid management expert and supports the Bid Team & opportunity owner in managing the process of developing the deal including a solution, price, and offering document according to IBM business rules and standard approval reviews and processes. Helps the team in identifying the required component processes for a specific deal, creating the necessary component evidences, and managing the process to deliver a viable contract or proposal solution while maintaining and adhering to IBM business rules and controls.
Works closely with sales often on target accounts to work across GBS and other organizations to pull together and seek approval on deals requiring special bid. Works closely with Bid Managers and other organizations to ensure the resources needed to close the deal are pulled in and engaged.
Has a good understanding of IBM solutions and technology as well as IBM product strategies. Based on the sales teams objectives, builds a custom agenda and identifies the appropriate resources to address all issues, business or technical, that would impede a client from going forward with an IBM decision
- Engage Key Deal Managment team on supplementary materials (e.g. Client Insight) required for preparing A1.
- Support and advise deal coach on supplementary materials .
- Integrate activities (e.g. Pre-A1 session) prior to A1.
- Support Deal Coach on the A1 assessment and follow through on the action items and recommended A2/A3 modules.
- Ensure A1 meetings are scheduled on time with the stakeholders.
- Ensure A1 artefacts are stored on time.
- Publish A1 artefacts for assessment and consolidation.
- Work closely with Opportunity Owner, Senior Solution Manager, other SMEs in tracking A2/A3 integration
- Propose A1 reassessment on win odd during A2/A3 (where appropriate).
- Provide key metrics to track # A1 Planned, Progressed, Completed in association with A2/A3 integration and win odd improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Role ( Job Role )
Business Transformation Consultant
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village