Securities, Equity Derivatives Automation, Associate/Vice President, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Equity Derivatives Automation Strats are a team of engineers who help the equity derivatives businesses at Goldman Sachs by automating the key decisions taken every day. Our team has a wide remit including automatic trade pricing, optimizing hedging for derivatives portfolios and developing algorithms to trade on derivatives exchanges. We also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to improve the decisions we make both automatically and manually. We partner with traders and salespeople to improve the profitability of our equity derivatives franchise.
We are looking for an excellent developer with experience leading teams to join our new Equity Derivatives Automation Strats Warsaw team. The role is for a senior developer with full stack experience working with multiple technologies, and prior involvement with design discussions and project management in a client facing role. Our team in Warsaw is growing, and this role is for the local team lead. This position is part of a new team located in our Warsaw office, which will own important parts of the equities RFQ platform. The successful candidate will gain an in depth understanding of equity derivatives workflows, ranging from vanilla options through to complex exotic products. They will have an opportunity to help grow the business as we connect to new trading venues and expand the franchise through both technical and business innovations. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful trading desk and shape the future direction of our RFQ platform as a founding member of our Warsaw team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- D esign, develop and support highly reliable systems across a range of technologies in a fast-moving environment
- Take ownership of our web RFQ platform, interacting with technical teams at vendors, clients and internally
- Work with trading, sales, technology and other teams as part of project work and support responsibilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Strong programming skills in an OO or functional paradigm (for example Java/C++/Python/Scala)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to master new technologies and business concepts quickly
- Strong interest in learning about financial products and markets
- Prior experience as a team or technical lead
- Front-office investment banking experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.