Securities, Bolt Web Risk Strat, Associate/VP, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs' Strat Engineers are world leaders in developing techniques to solve complex business problems using mathematics and computer science. Specifically BoltWeb Risk Strat Engineers are responsible for risk management calculation engines and tools across Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for the design and development of key pieces in the new core risk calculation engine that is being built in Goldman Sachs FICC.
-Design, develop and support highly reliable components across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment.
- Utilizing both existing and modern technologies to deliver risk tools to trading desks globally.
- Maintain a strong understanding of financial risk management and interaction with pricing models.
- Interact with the Strat engineers, trading and technology as part of project responsibilities.
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent applied programming skills in C++ or Java.
- Experience working with databases such as Sybase, MySQL
- Judgment -- ability to work on the trading desk under significant time pressure & make trade-critical decisions
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly from a quantitative viewpoint would be an advantage.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.