- Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 13 Sep 17
As a Technical Writer in the FIS Asset Finance team you'll work principally on leasing software, joining a team of motivated professionals responsible for the development of our core products.
Job ID: JR22031
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with project and product managers to define documentation content.
- Working closely with business analysts, developers, QA engineers and other experts worldwide to obtain knowledge and technical information.
- Writing technical and functional guides, release notes and online help to incorporate changes and add new information as the products evolve.
- Delivering content as needed to meet regular release dates and tight deadlines.
- Commiting changes to source control (SVN) regularly and ensure documentation is built as part of our Continuous Integration environment in TeamCity.
It would be an advantage if you had skills or experience in the following.
- Ability to understand target audiences and their needs.
- Ability to translate technical information into clear, simple and concise English.
- Ability to adhere to writing guidelines and review processes.
- Familiarity with industry best practices such as single sourcing, structured writing and embedded user assistance, as these practices are incorporated in our deliverables.
- Basic IT knowledge (networks, client-server model, IIS, databases)
- Knowledge of agile principles
- Online help authoring using a Help Authoring Tool such as Madcap Flare
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and XML
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Visio)
- At least three years' technical writing experience, preferably within a software development environment.
- Effective interview and analysis skills on both functional (financial) and technical details.
- Good communication, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- A team player who is also capable of working autonomously.
- Able to prioritise long-term requirements with short-term objectives.
If you are talented and motivated, have the skills and enthusiasm to thrive in a dynamic environment, we can offer you a challenging and exciting career with a competitive salary and benefits package.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 55,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. For more information about FIS, visit www.fisglobal.com.
To play a role in one of the world's leading software firms, please apply using the link below, including your CV and a cover letter detailing what experience sets you apart as our next QA Engineer.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.