Software Engineer (C# .NET Applications)
- Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 02 Sep 16
At FIS Asset Finance, our product development team works on a large and complex package for the finance industry. The product is well-architected and there is a big emphasis on preserving its integrity while we continue to extend it. We have a lot of big projects coming up and we are looking for experienced developers to join the team. You will be tasked with working in the technical design stages, and collaborating with other developers on the project.
You will report to a Software Development Team Leader, and work according to directions from a Project Leader. You will collaborate with the Functional Design team, the Architect, fellow developers, and the testing team.
You may be the right person for this team if:
• Hard problems are fun for you
• You want to make other developers productive by directing them through customer projects
• You are well-read in recent industry trends and technologies and enjoy being on the cutting edge of technology.
• People come to you to help solve technical problems
• You put a focus on exceptional delivery for your clients
• You need to improve things and make those around you better
• You believe in developing software according to sound engineering practices
Candidates for this role will have experience and talent for enterprise-level software development. You should have:
• Several years of software development experience
• Proven experience with large application development
• Familiarity with unit testing frameworks and practices
• Broad experience of C#, .NET
• Deep understanding of OO design concepts and design patterns
• Strong knowledge of database and performance issues
• Ability to work in a team and alone is essential
• Good communication skills a must
If you are talented and motivated, with the skills and enthusiasm to thrive in a dynamic environment, then we can offer you a challenging and exciting career, with a competitive salary and benefits package.