Cost Management Process Analyst (m/f)
- Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- ESA - Agence Spaciale Europeenne
- 29 Sep 16
Cost Management Process Analyst in the Cost Accounting Section, Accounting Division, Finance, Planning and Controlling Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
Reporting to the Head of the Accounting Section, the postholder is responsible for the definition, design and implementation of cost management processes and will carry out the following specific duties in particular:
• defining, designing and monitoring the implementation of integrated cost management processes and the associated reporting functionalities;
• being responsible for integrating the cost accounting system with other ESA financial systems and tools;
• contributing to the simplification and automation of SAP processes;
• guaranteeing consistency of cost accounting data with financial accounting data, with particular regard to financial/cost statements;
• ensuring the completeness and accuracy of direct and indirect cost allocation in the context of monthly/yearly accounting closure, including cost variances analysis and agreed corresponding treatment;
• ensuring the implementation of reorganisation processes in the financial system in liaison with the HR Department, the Workforce Management Office, the IT Department and the Corporate Planning & Controlling Division;
• supporting the technical monitoring and acceptance of the implementation of the cost management system;
• being responsible vis-à-vis end-users for corrective and progressive maintenance of the cost management system;
• being responsible for all aspects of training and support for end-users regarding the cost management processes and system;
• contributing to the analysis of future evolution of the cost accounting system on the basis of appropriate simulations and best-practice knowledge
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree in accounting, economics or a financial discipline, plus a thorough knowledge of cost management and the SAP environment (SAP modules certification e.g. CO, FI, experience of SAP queries/ reporting tools). An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international environment will be essential.
Written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills are an essential prerequisite, as are a willingness to take on demanding tasks in an environment subject to rapid evolution and change. Candidates must also have excellent planning and relationship-management skills.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The closing date for applications is 4 October 2016.
Applications from external candidates should preferably be made online from the ESA website (www.esa.int/careers). Those unable to apply online should submit their CV to Human Resources, ESTEC, Keplerlaan 1, 2201 AZ Noordwijk ZH, The Netherlands.
ESA staff members wishing to apply should fill in the Internal Application Form and email it to Apply2ESTEC.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests. If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada. Priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.