Technical Business Analyst
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 26 Jun 17
Department overview: You will be part of the global data delivery team. This team is responsible for the automatic aggregation of data from different sources in and outside Markit and for the delivery of this data to Markit’s customers. Our services need to be available, scalable, fast and reliable. The goal is to automatically provide products to customers in a consolidated and consistent way via the Delivery Channels Feeds, Files, Excel and Web. This includes the delivery of realtime price data products, batched price data products, reference data products or any logical combination of products.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Within Data Delivery you will be part of a team of Technical BAs. As a team we are highly involved in the integration of Markit’s and 3rd party data products into a single platform. During the product integration software development process you are required to work closely with Markit’s global information product groups, Data Delivery development and QA teams and external data suppliers. The job requires the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications, understanding of software development processes and the ability to work independently on multiple projects towards customer delivery within deadlines.
Having both the data and technical knowledge of Markit’s different data products and Markit’s Delivery Channels, you will also work with operations and client services teams as 3rd line support to troubleshoot issues. For the Files Channel specifically you will be involved in the onboarding of customers by creation specifications for bespoke, multi-product files. Markit maintains a wide range of file configurations in terms of financial data, size, business rules and timings.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work with Markit’s information product groups to model their products in data dictionaries.
- Identify the similarities and differences between Markit products and strive for consistency among products.
- Translate business requirements into detailed, technical specifications that can be used by developers and QA for building and testing software, including the assessment of technical and business suitability.
- Provide data modelling, use case modelling, field mapping and entitlements mapping.
- Work with Markit’s product groups and external data suppliers to understand the commercial packages – “entitlements” – and make sure Data Delivery can supply data to customers according to these commercial packages.
- Assist the QA team by specifying or reviewing test cases and analysing test reports. When required provide own sanity and component testing.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for the creation of multi-asset files with different business logic.
- Provide 3rd line customer support and be a regional escalation point.
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree
- Proven relevant professional experience
- Experience working in the financial markets
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and their properties
- Understanding of Oracle SQL and data structures
- Experience as a BA in software development processes and preferably experience with data modelling
- Understanding of business processes in banks and financial institutions
- Development of relationships with global product, development, QA, Operations and Client Services teams.
- Able to organise self and others including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down and encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in specifications and data processing
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on all levels
- Ability to translate business logic into technical specifications in a manner development and QA understand
- Ability to work in a global team with lots of contact with global product groups, development and QA teams, operations and customer services teams and external data suppliers
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams
Eligible colleagues must meet the requirements of the job as indicated in the posted job description.
Colleagues must have at least six months of continuous service in their current position with IHS to apply for a posted job, unless approval is granted by the colleagues’ supervisor and Human Resources. This period allows colleagues to become competent in their current role and demonstrate satisfactory performance.
Colleagues must be in good standing in their current role. Colleagues who have received Disciplinary Action or who have been on a Performance Improvement Plan within the past 6 months may not participate in the Job Posting Program, unless approval is granted by the colleague’s supervisor and Human Resources.
Provided that the colleague meets the eligibility requirements mentioned above, as well as the minimum requirements for the position of interest, the colleague should notify his /her supervisor of the intent to apply for an internal position, prior to posting. Any concerns with supervisory notification should be brought to the attention of Human Resources.