HP ALM Administrator
- Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions APAC
- 24 Sep 16
HP ALM Administrator
Job Description :
· Perform HP ALM upgrades and apply patches to ensure current ALM HPQC application is up to date with current HP releases.
· Support the integration of existing and new tools within the current HP ALM infrastructure.
· Manage daily / weekly / monthly health checks to proactively identify and prevent potential Incidents and improve the stability and performance of ALM HPQC.
· Provide daily / weekly / monthly report statistics regarding end-user usage (i.e. peak logins per day, active projects versus inactive projects, etc.,) and infrastructure resource utilization (i.e., file server repository size, db project schema sizes, etc.) of ALM HPQC. Many of these reports are not canned / provided by the ALM application and administrator must be able to write SQL code against the ALM dB to generate.
· Provide ALM Site Administration to include: Creating Projects, Managing the Project Repository, Managing Projects, Upgrading Projects to a New Version, Managing ALM Users via Xerox LDAP, Managing User Connections and Licenses, Configuring Servers and Parameters, Analyzing Site Usage, Scheduling Calculations for Project Planning and Tracking (PPT), ALM Advisor, ALM Robot, QC Sense, and Installing HP ALM Tools and Add-ins
· Provide HP ALM Project Customization to include: Managing Users in a Project, Managing User Groups and Permissions, Customizing ALM Projects, Configuring Automail, Customizing Risk-Based Quality Management, Activating Alert Rules, Cross Project Customization, Customizing Project Planning and Tracking KPIs, Development of Project Report Templates, Development of Business Views, Configuring Business Process Testing, Configuring Sprinter, Generating Workflow Scripts, and Managing Analysis Menus.
· Develop / modify complex ALM Project Workflows using the ALM Script Editor.
· Develop / modify workflow event procedures that are triggered by actions that HP ALM users perform and/or the fields that are available to users in dialog boxes.
· Developed Workflow code must adhere to HP ALM Workflow Best Practices with regard to: Customizing a Defects Module Dialog Box, Changing Tab Names, Adding a Template to a Memo Field, Changing One Field Based on Another Field, Changing a Field Based on the User Group, Object Validation, Field Validation, Presenting a Dynamic Field List, Changing Field Properties when a Field Changes, Controlling User Permissions, Adding Button Functionality, Error Handling, Obtaining Session Properties, Sending Mail, Storing the Last Values Entered, and Copying Field Values to Another Object.
· Developed Workflow code must adhere to the HP ALM Workflow Object and Property Reference to include: Actions Object, Action Object, Fields Objects, Field Object, Lists Object, TDConnection Object, User Object, ActiveTreeSelection Object, and ALM Properties.
· Provide Sev-1 / Sev-2 Production support and Investigate, triage, recover, and repair ALM HPQC issues / outages. This includes engaging (i.e., via PSC Task or Incident Tickets) the necessary Xerox Workstreams / Xerox Contractors (i.e., dBA Admin, Network Admin, SAN Storage, Windows Admin, UNIX/LINIX Admin, CITRIX Admin, etc.) to triage or investigate issues where HP ALM Application software is not the root cause of the problem.
· Document and implement changes to ALM HPQC via proper Change Management methodology.
· Manage ALM HPQC Support incident / task queue requests in PSC.
· Manage ALM HPQC and QTP/UFT licenses / license server and identify to management anticipated future needs.
· Ensures compliance and proper implementation of Xerox and PDSI HR Services Enterprise Standard, Policies and Security compliance
· Maintain Xerox / PDSI HR Services Process Documentation of current ALM Processes and Practices and any enhancements and/or upgrades.
· Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
· Provide HP ALM Dashboards BI creation for Leadership, PDSI Governance, and Project Team Development and Test Management Support.
· Manage both Production ALM HPQC and QA/Test ALM HPQC environments.
· Desired: BS in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or other field.
· Desired: HPE ALM 12.X Certification.
· 8+ years of HP ALM Administration experience with intermediate to expert knowledge in ALM Product Internals, ALM Product Installation, ALM Product Upgrade, ALM Project Customization, ALM Workflow Design and Development. Must have working knowledge of ALM v12.5X.
· Intermediate to expert knowledge of ALM HPQC configured in clustered / High Availability environments.
· Intermediate knowledge of the HP Secured Deployment and Configuration Guide. This includes: Secure Implementation and Deployment, ALM Site Settings, Installation Security, Network and Communication Security, Site Administration Interface, User Management and Authentication, Authorization, Data Integrity, Encryption Model, and Logging.
· Intermediate knowledge, understanding, and usage of the Core ALM End User functionality with regard to the following modules / components: Dashboard, Management, Requirements, Lab Resources, Test Plan, Test Lab, Build Verification, Timeslots, Test Runs, Defects, Analysis, and Business Process Testing.
· 8+ years of HP QTP/UFT Programming experience with expert knowledge of QTP / UFT and license server management.
· 5+ years of experience with HP ALM OTA integration / ALM API integration.
· Knowledge of Hardware Infrastructure Fundamentals: Load Balancers, Reverse Proxy, Web Servers, Application Servers, dB Servers, VMware, Citrix, and Active Directory.
· Knowledge of Networking Fundamentals: Internetworking protocol layers, TCP/IP/UDP/SNMP (DNS, WINS, DHCP), Encryption, Certificates, IPSec, WAN/LAN Architectures, Routing, and Load Balancing Concepts.
· Ability to provide ALM HPQC Product Demonstrations.
· Working knowledge of IE 11 Fundamentals, ActiveX content, and Windows Group Policy settings that pertain to both.
· Operating System Platforms and Administration - Windows, UNIX, Linux
· Databases: Oracle Database Concepts
· Required Programming: Intermediate to expert with vbscript and PL/SQL.
· Desired Programming: Intermediate to expert with C++, C, Excel Programming with VBA, and Windows Shell Scripting.
· Office Applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook, and Access
· Strong communication, decision making and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Able to work under pressure and take responsibility during situation management.
· Agree to work independently to carry out oncall duty.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016 , Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant .