[Sourcing] Digital Data Scientist Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
[Sourcing] Digital Data Scientist Manager
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices -Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you'll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You'll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
As a consultant/manager/senior manager in Data Science/Analytics, the individual will help drive sales and solutioning of data science/analytics engagements, manage and/or supervise project delivery, mentor teams, build new capabilities, support/contribute to thought leadership and building new skills. The candidate should be able to seamlessly work with Client teams in positioning data science/analytical capabilities and with help of them drive an deliver data science/analytics engagement.
The successful candidate should have strong consultative, business and communication skills in addition to quantitative ability. As well as be exposed to the challenges of using statistics in a business setting, such as incomplete data, biased data, large data sets, low signal-to-noise ratios, high variance and multiple objective functions. Requires being creative and resourceful and will utilize traditional statistical methodologies as well as newer techniques from computational statistics and data mining and big data capabilities.
Profile & Prior Experience
- >5 years of relevant experience of hands on predictive analytics using structured and unstructured data to solve business problems
- >5 years' experience in deploying analytics initiatives/ programs in financial services and communication sectors will be preferred. Any prior experience with a blue-chip global management consulting firm will be preferred
- >5 years of experience analyzing complex, high-dimensionality data to perform text mining, NLP techniques and implement information retrieval or recommender systems
- >5 years of experience with statistical computing tools like R, SAS, and SPSS
- Demonstrable experience in consultative selling and end to end Analytical engagements
Preferred Educational Background
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
* Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
* You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
* Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
* Access to leading-edge technology.
* Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits (insert appropriate link specific to country).
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here-what's stopping you from pursuing it?
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.