Software Product Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
Software Product Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward .
Product, Service and Offering Development professionals define, develop and deliver market-leading software, products, offerings, and/or assets for Accenture and our clients using in-depth knowledge of business case creation, competitive analysis and win strategies.
The Software Product Manager develop and/or implement a product strategy. Provides thought leadership and sales support, differentiating our competitive position while ensuring ongoing alignment with the global market, and industry and foundation programs. Work with key stakeholders to understand requirements, build partnerships and provide technology solutions. Oversee the build and maintenance of the product. Work with delivery DTEs to ensure the right talent to implement the software.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by ongoing calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short and long term releases.
- Developing and implementing a companywide go to market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Define feature roadmap for products based on business opportunities and market research.
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure success.
- Monitor and set prices on products in product line to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product related Business Requirements Documents.
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue.
- Become subject matter experts in product software markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R & D efforts.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing Support team
- 10 years of software marketing product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology, Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- Product Management certification a plus.
- Experienced in developing market awareness, expansion of offerings products, working together with industry, client account teams, Sales teams and product management leadership.
- Computer literate in Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Complete knowledge of SDLC.
- Demonstrated success defining, launching, and maintaining excellent products.
- Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.