Senior ECM Change Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 24 Jun 17
The Senior ECM Change Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the impact of new or upgraded IT systems and projects is managed in an effective way to ensure the delivery of desired business outcomes. The Senior ECM Change Manager will work with the business change or business improvement teams to support and guide them through the required steps to implement systems related change.
Functional (job responsibilities)
The role of the Senior ECM Change Manager is to ensure that the I.T. change is understood. He/she must ensure that each project is effectively delivered into the relevant business areas by means of carefully planned and co-ordinated change management programs. Specifically, the Senior ECM Change Manager will:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Ensure each different business area is sufficiently prepared for the impact of the new IT systems as and when they are ready to ‘go live’, and
- Ensure there is sufficient support available for the new system to operate in ‘business as usual’ state.
- The change manager will lead the appointed team for each project (or system) and must ensure that the change workstream is managed in an effective and efficient manner. Principally, the Senior ECM Change Manager will be challenged with ensuring the successful delivery of the stated business objectives for each project.
- When require, role is require to on-call to ensure all Emergency change has performed Change Evaluation before authorized for Change implementation
- Production Guardians: Provide approvals prior to the commencement of Changes. Depending on the environmental stability, Change Coordinators will be advised on next steps.
- Monitoring and Tracking:
- Ensure Change Coordinators provide status of Changes at regular intervals. Where updates are not provided at designated pre-agreed times, Senior ECM Change Managers are to contact Change Coordinators and/or Coordinators Line Managers.
- Ensure that Post Implementation Testing status is provided and the activity is completed.
- Track Changes that go beyond it’s Scheduled End Time and where necessary to setup bridges.
- Provide support during quarterly Infrastructure Release weekends (to be confirmed)
- Engagements in Major Incidents
- Participate in High Severity Incidents and provide necessary support with regards to Change Management activities.
- Ensure Change Management controls are adhered to during the Incident handling.(e.g. Latent Changes are created within 24 hours of the completion of the Change)
- Contact Change Coordinators (for on-going High and Medium Risk Changes), where High Severity Incidents are reported to the Major Incident Management teams.
- Provide status updates to Major Incident Handling teams for Changes that are rolled back or have extended its Change windows.
- Management Reports: Prepare and disseminate Change Management status reports.
- Perform Post Implementation Review (PIRs): Responsible for the conduct and organization of PIRs with Change Coordinators. To Identify, monitor, track and report on corrective actions.
- Support BAU activities: Review and approve Changes. Provide support for Emergency Changes. Perform Change quality reviews
At IT Group level:
• To chair ECM Change Review Meeting and IT Group Change Advisory Board (ECRB). All risk level change require to review and access according to Change management Checklist to minimize the failed change. You are require to identify the Risk Pattern, to spot the High Risk change to achieve system stability.
• To prepare and to present ECM Change dashboard, identify process improvement action, follow-up on the action item until achieve highly effective process flow which allow Bank to expansion.
• To be responsible for the delivery of effective change management, which includes the Promotion of business vision, and maintaining the benefit framework that links project delivery to the achievement of business benefits for the Bank.
• To identify and support any additional change managers, change coordinator, and support users required for projects or systems, supporting the development of appropriate change management plans for all Group IT Project with change management requirement.
• Work to resolve ‘soft tensions’ between IT, Business related IT projects and the relevant business areas, flagging any potential issues to the Application/ Infra/ Business Lead and within the change team.
• To liaise with the change owners of the relevant plans for training, communications and stakeholder management to ensure that IT project change requirements remain fully linked to and part of the overall process for change management across Bank.
• To ensure any business change risks or issues are highlighted in good time to the appropriate boards.
• To ensure the delivery of any allocated project change management requirements.
• Such other activities as may be required to fulfil your responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous relevant experience in project change, in particular with bank systems and standard change mgt. methodologies and change evaluation.
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment by implementing IT Service Management (ITIL) practices, defining Service Level Agreement (preferred related to Change and Release Management)
- ITIL Foundation V3 is require.
- ITIL intermediate in Service Transition or/ and ITIL Managing of LifeCycle is preferred.
- Related Microsoft Office certification or prove n expert level knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point, and Microsoft Visio.