Oracle Software Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Life & Manulife Asset Management
- 28 Sep 16
Oracle Software Engineer
Primary Purpose of this Role: As a member of MTS, the Software Engineer will be responsible to enhance and develop the Financial Application System at Manulife. This role will be based in Malaysia, and will be supporting Manulife Globally.
- To enhance and maintain Client Server Application Systems developed using Oracle Forms/Reports.
- Translate business user requests for information and technical support services into systems requirement.
- Work with IT partners overseas to understand requirements in order to formulate effective designs and code.
- Work closely with technical team leads and business analysts based at Canada, USA or Asia to deliver systems solution.
- Attend project status and defect meeting.
- Monitor defects queues for software quality control, and escalated defects that required special assistance.
- Review business requirement walk through on large, new development projects.
- Attend functional requirement walk through.
- To analyze and design at both high and detailed level, create high level functional and low level technical specification for the solution. The analysis techniques will varied by project and will include data modeling, object oriented analysis and decomposition. The design will be documented and may include UML diagrams.
- Follow IT processes, including configuration management, in order to produce quality, timely deliverables and IT solutions for business partners.
Benefits: We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes benefits such as Car & Housing loan subsidies, Dental benefits, Medical Insurance for employee and family, Group Life Insurance, Bonus, 15% EPF, Gymnasium subsidy, 5-day Work Week and an environment for you to learn and develop your skill.
- Candidate must possess at least a second class upper degree in Computer Science , Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or its equivalent.
- Excellent communication skill in English, both verbal and writing.
- Enjoy solving logical problems and love working with data.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Adaptable and flexible when dealing with necessary changes.
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle Forms/ Report
- .net (good to have)
- Knowledge of the life insurance industry, Asset management and Unit Trust is a plus.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinkingsolutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.