Mobility & Workplace Platform Management - File Permission
- Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
This role is responsible for creating the automated installation code that enables a software application or update to be sent electronically to an end-user device. The Software Packager uses a variety of tools to create a software package that replicates the manual install of the application with desired options and settings. The Software Packager also performs integration testing of the package to ensure the software will successfully install. The packager may need to work alternate work schedules to meet global client needs.
• Complete software packaging per the information listed in the package requirements form.
• Complete Software Packaging activities to required timelines.
• Perform complex troubleshooting activities to diagnose packaging issues.
• Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure package operates successfully in the customer environment.
• Adhere to best practices, processes, procedures, documents and guidelines
• Update workflow management tools to ensure all Software Packaging activity are tracked and recorded
• Interface with all necessary groups or individuals (Ex: ASL)
• Work with Transitions/Transformation teams to complete solutioned packaging work as described by the statement of work. This includes all Process Change Requests (PCRs) during Transition/Transformation
• Knowledge of MWPM service line components, tools, technologies & processes
• Knowledge of MWPM Factory Model Structure
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fluent in language of Customer
• Excellent teamwork skills balanced with the ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Windows / Apple / Linux desktop operating systems, components and configuration
• Knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g., InstallShield, Admin Studio, App V, ThinApp, XenApp)
• Knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., VBS, Perl, Batch Scripting and PowerShell)
• Knowledge of Virtualization Platforms (e.g., VMware ESX/Workstation, Hyper-V, VirtualBox)
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
• Knowledge of RPM and APT for creating packages in Linux environment
• Use of process monitoring tools to analyze application behaviors for analysis and troubleshooting purposes
• Knowledge of problem and change management processes and tools
• Ability to produce MSI packages from legacy applications
• Ability to create transform files for vendor based MSI's
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g., InstallShield, Admin Studio, App V, ThinApp, XenApp)
- At least 1 year knowledge of Windows / Apple / Linux desktop operating systems, components and configuration
- At least 1 year knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., VBS, Perl, Batch Scripting and PowerShell)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 3 years knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g., InstallShield, Admin Studio, App V, ThinApp, XenApp)
- At least 3 years knowledge of Windows / Apple / Linux desktop operating systems, components and configuration
- At least 3 years knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., VBS, Perl, Batch Scripting and PowerShell)
Role ( Job Role )
Software Platform Management Specialist
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Technical Services
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
- Knowledge of MWPM service line components, tools, technologies & processes
- Knowledge of MWPM Factory Model Structure