Mobility & Workplace Platform Management - Account Solution Lead
- Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
This is a command and control role. This role may also be traditionally known as a SME (subject matter expert), release manager or technical SME.
The ASL is the MWPM face to the client and can either communicate directly with the client (face to face) or indirectly via phone or email. The ASL has expert knowledge and advanced skills with respect to their MWPM areas of expertise. The ASL is responsible for the overall technical solution where delivering MWPM services to an account. Depending on the size and scope, ASLs may work independently, and/or with other ASLs on an account. The ASL creates & maintains low-level process documents, analyzes technical and account trends, and actively looks for ways to improve efficiency and quality in their areas of service.
The ASL works with the client to understand, validate and translate their requests into requirements that can be understood and processed by the IBM team. The ASL acts as an escalation point for all technical issues communicated by the client. The ASL may also attend joint meetings with other delivery towers as needed to address larger projects/issues. Since this is a client facing role, it is expected that the ASL will work the same hours (time zone) as the client.
The ASL will also be involved in new account transitions and/or transformations. They will be required to work with the transition manager and other global resources to assess and analyze transition/transformation solutions, and potentially rework and remediate any technical gaps on inconsistencies. It is recommended that the assigned steady state ASL be assigned to a new account at the start of the transition/transformation.
The ASL provides technical assistance to lesser skilled analysts in meeting project commitments and deadlines. The person in this role must possess the necessary skills to coordinate & communicate with the different resources and teams, both internal and external, to address and resolve issues in a manner that supports the customer and IBM values with a focus on client satisfaction.
The ASL serves as a central point of contact for packaging and software distribution requests on large projects and also serves as project managers on large rollouts and major upgrades.
• Act as the first point of contact with the client for service delivery.
• Manage and monitor MWPM requests from start to finish.
• Work with Transitions/Transformation manager to complete command and control FTE resources, GDC resources, DOU/MOU/SLA/SLO/PIM
• Verify that all service requests are within scope of the DOU and do not exceed any agreed upon thresholds. Any requests that appear to be out of scope should be reviewed with the SPM.
• Interface with Delivery Centers and local/onsite teams and MWPM Global Resources for the delivery of services
• Implement recommended process changes and monitor compliance of new tools and processes that are within the scope of MWPM work activities
• Engages other technical resources (if needed) on technical/operational issues
• Ensure account Change Management procedures are followed.
• Where appropriate, provide input on the performance of team members to Service Portfolio Manager and/or First Line Manager.
• Review, remediate and address design and solution gaps, both in transition/transformation, as well as in steady-state.
o Implement short-term solutions to stabilize the client environment, and coordinate, design, and implement long-term solution to address the gap.
• Identify innovative solutions and areas of improvement to benefit their accounts and MWPM/IBM.
• Work with Service Portfolio Manager and New Business Solutioners to prepare a cost case for projects or for new growth services/scope.
• Interface directly with client's technical SMEs and 3rd party technical resources. For example activities relating to problem assessment and resolution, collecting and defining requirements, solution design, etc.
• Work with the GDC to perform work and remediation activities that cannot be effectively done from within the Delivery Center due to complexity, urgency, access to client network, infrastructure, etc.
• Perform MWPM activities on an exception basis, as approved by SPM
• Maintain Account Technical Documentation (Image Configuration/Roadmap, Standard Packages/Versions, Software Distribution Schedules and history)
• Monitor ticket queue and respond to tickets in a timely manner
• Keep tickets updated
• Close tickets in a timely manner with complete and accurate notes and ticket coding
• Chair meetings with the client and the IBM teams to discuss and come to an agreement on the scope, requirements and schedules of the work that is being requested
• Perform Requirements Gathering
• Perform Discovery
• Work with the client to establish schedules and due dates for MWPM service requests.
• Implement recommended process changes and monitors that any changes are in compliance with existing or new standards that are part of larger scale account update and transformation projects.
• Work with other teams in transition/transformation and/or steady-state to help identify and/or resolves complex problems where MWPM services and products may be affected or involved in part of a larger scale issue.
• Assist with the design, solutioning and implementation of client specific solutions and/or new innovative MWPM solutions
• Knowledge of MWPM service line components, tools, technologies & processes
• Knowledge of MWPM Factory Model Structure
• Knowledge of MWPM Strategic Direction
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fluent in language of Customer
• Fluent in language of Employees
• Skilled in conflict resolution
• Able to articulate technical issues and resolutions using non-technical language for understanding.
• Able to negotiate/renegotiate timelines with client
• Expert knowledge of desktop troubleshooting.
• Expert knowledge of at least one of the core MWPM service components
• Expert knowledge of MWPM technical requirement documentation and forms.
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
• Knowledge of Project Management skills
• Knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., VBS, Perl, Batch Scripting and PowerShell)
• Knowledge of Virtualization Platforms (e.g., VMware ESX/Workstation, Hyper-V, VirtualBox)
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
• Knowledge of problem and change management tools
• Lead teams in a matrixed environment
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities concurrently
• Facilitate problem determination and resolution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5-6 years knowledge of Windows / Apple / Linux desktop operating systems, components and configuration
- At least 5-6 years knowledge of software distribution tools (e.g., SCCM, Radia, IEM, WSUS, Altiris)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 7 years knowledge of Windows / Apple / Linux desktop operating systems, components and configuration
- At least 7 years knowledge of software distribution tools (e.g., SCCM, Radia, IEM, WSUS, Altiris)
Role ( Job Role )
Software Platform Management Specialist
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Technical Services
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
•Knowledge of MWPM service line components, tools, technologies & processes
•Knowledge of MWPM Factory Model Structure