IT Specialist - Network
- Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Oct 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Lead the network team with his/her technical knowledges and experiences.
- Lead projects as technical solution architect role or technical lead role.
- Focus on providing subject matter expertise for effective design and implementation of customer enterprise network.
- Perform technical assurance for potential projects.
- Perform technical consultation services to customers.
- Provide technical support & consultation in ensuring customer's satisfaction in the maintenance stage.
- Perform design documentation work during design stage.
- Perform 2LS support as required.
- Take on relevant certifications as required for Cisco/Juniper certificat
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Network Services Specialist - General
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Network with CCIE
Role ( Job Role )
Network Services Specialist
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Secondary Job Category
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
- Required skill(s): Cisco Routers.
- Must be Cisco CCIE certified
- Knowledge in Juniper would be an advantage.
- Well-versed in designing enterprise network with High Availability (HA), Quality-of-Service (QoS), security and network management.
- Well-versed in dynamic routing protocols as well as multilayer switching environment.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in network-related field (IP networking, Security, VoIP, etc) and operations.