IBM Storage Administrator
- Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
1. Perform SAN/NAS/DISK Subsystem Administration
2. Perform changes to Logical Disk, LUN Configuration
3. Perform Basic ALLOCATION • Perform ALLOCATION with Zoning/ Copy Services • Perform DEALLOCATION
4. Perform configuration of SAN/disk devices • Design Copy Services • Plan configuration for SAN Switch
5. Plan changes/installs to Storage, Logical Disk, Raid, LUN Configuration
6. Configure NAS Storage • Create/Delete/Modify Fileshares/Filesystems from within NAS Device • Maintain management tools • Maintain microcode/firmware
7. Set up Monitoring for NAS Storage Systems • Monitor Storage devices
8. Perform Storage Daily HealthCheck • Troubleshoot storage performance issues • Troubleshoot storage capacity issues • Provide support for Copy Services • Perform PD/Resolution • Coordinate Upgrades/Break/Fix Situations • Perform General SAN/NAS Disk administration activity
9. Perform NAS Restore • Perform DR (Disaster Recovery) Activities • Provide Configuration info for DISK, RAID, Logical LUN Copy • Provide storage reports • Apply IBM Security Processes Perform Backup and Recovery Administration (related to MAN Group account only) • Investigate Missed/Failed BackUps • Resolve Miss/Fail Backup
10. Troubleshoot Tape drive/library • Monitor Miss/Fail of BackUp Application scheduled Backups
11. Perform Backup Server Healthcheck • Restart failed BackUps • Perform BUR Library Maintenance/ Fix/Management • Performance tune Backup Server
12. 24/7 rotation shift
13. IBM Storage x Series/ p Series
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in IBM Storage Administration
- Applicants must be willing to work in Cyber Jaya.
- Preferably Senior Executives specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
At least 3 year(s) of working experience in IBM Storage Administration
Role ( Job Role )
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Technical Services
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree, any field.