KYC Analyst - remediation
- Market rate
- Contract, Full time
- Capital Edge Consultancy
- 09 Sep 16
The purpose of the role is to work with the business and peers within the compliance function to ensure that financial crime issues and regulatory matters associated with the remediation are managed in a professional manner. Your profile will not be considered without at least 2 years of detailed knowledge of the KYC and CDD process with a proven track record of KYC remediation projects in a similar role within financial services.
Capital Edge is an innovative and rapidly growing consulting firm founded in early 2012. To date, we have specialised in Capital Markets, Front Office Trading, Risk, Compliance and Technology Services. We apply a practical, business led approach to our assignments, placing the needs of the Business at the centre of our analysis, design and delivery, thus ensuring we never lose sight of the objectives we are targeting, and maximize the benefits to our customers. We are especially interested in the impact of FinTecs on the compliance and regulatory activities of the industry.
We have recently been retained by a client to provide a team of KYC Subject matter experts for a large remediation project, based in Luxembourg. The assignments will be for 6 months initially, with travel and expense costs being met by the client.
The purpose of the role is to work with the business and peers within the compliance function to ensure that financial crime issues and regulatory matters associated with the remediation are managed in a professional manner by providing support, advice and the sharing of knowledge both to the business and to the wider compliance function.
Main duties will include:
• Prepare reports on KYC remediation as required.
• Act as an advisor to the business regarding Financial Crime matters and escalations.
• Execute the Compliance Monitoring Plan relating to Financial Crime Reviews
• Respond to queries raised by the business
• Assist with financial crime prevention projects with the business.
• Prepare and Check KYC files in line with the key policies, key operating procedures and guidance of the client
• Communicate financial crime matters to Corporate Compliance, Group Financial Security and Territory.
• Support the business in raising financial crime concerns
• Support and contribute to a positive Financial Crime compliance culture (including AML, ABC, CTF and Sanctions) throughout the project.
• Assist with ensuring that operational policies and procedures adopt the requirements of the clients Financial Crime policies
• Assess and process money laundering alerts
• Assist in the provision of training including the development of mandatory training
• Provide technical support and guidance to the Level 1 Financial Crime Team
• Carrying out duties as assigned by the management team
• Assist in responding to regulatory requests.
Skills & Experience Required
• At Least 2 years KYC experience in a Global Broking Firm
Detailed knowledge of the KYC and CDD process with a proven track record of KYC remediation projects in a similar role within financial services
• Knowledge and understanding of financial crime including AML, KYC and sanctions
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory trends and development
• Good knowledge of the 3RD EU AML Directive, FCA Financial Crime Guide and JMLSG
• Excellent analytical skills
• European language skills are highly desirable
Knowledge of broader Compliance topics and OFAC, EU, UN and HMT sanctions requirements.
• Degree level or equivalent education
• Compliance qualification, e.g. ICA Diploma