AML & KYC IT Application Officer
- Good employment conditions
- Contract, Full time
- EIB - European Investment Bank
- 26 Jun 17
The IT Application Officer (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications), will drive the development, implementation and maintenance of Anti-Money Laundering and “Know Your Customer” solutions.
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Information Technology Directorate - Business Services Department - Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division – Credit Risk and Regulatory Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an:
AML & KYC IT Application Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The IT Application Officer (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications), will drive the development, implementation and maintenance of Anti-Money Laundering and “Know Your Customer” solutions. These are off-the-shelf and bespoke systems that collect information about counterparties and perform their screening and monitoring in accordance with the AML/CFT standards. Additionally, s/he will take project management responsibilities throughout all stages of the solution delivery.
S/he will report to the Head of the Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit and whenever required directly to the Head of the Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division. The Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit is currently composed of 6 internal staff and 10 external consultants.
Externally, s/he will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in the compliance area in order to optimise service level and to stay abreast of best practice.
Internally, s/he will work in close cooperation with the other Unit members, as well as with his/her colleagues from other IT divisions and business directorates, particularly OCCO (Compliance).
The IT Application Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the AML & KYC software solutions are implemented in line with the IT policies, and that qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved
- Taking project management responsibilities for assigned projects by ensuring the completion of projects within the set schedule, budget and quality objectives
- Managing the overall maintenance and support activities, either directly or through external teams, to provide best quality services to customers
- Analysing business specifications to propose solutions in line with the business needs and IT standards
- Managing contracts with external suppliers (software vendors and service providers) with the aim of obtaining optimal quality and value for money. Play a leading role in the related procurement procedures
- Providing advice and recommendations following EIB/IT standards and methodologies in the AML & KYC fields in order to ensure that the solutions are conceived, built and managed in line with business requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience as an IT Application Officer, with minimum 2 years of professional experience in the area of Anti-Money Laundering, Sanction Screening or “Know Your Customer” solutions.
- Practical experience in software development lifecycle, including supervision of development teams.
- Experience in selecting and implementing off-the-shelf software packages.
- Certification in finance or project management (Prince2 or PMP/PMI) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of relational databases and development languages. e.g.: Unix scripting, P/L SQL, Java/J2EE.
- Fluent in English or French (*), and a good working knowledge of the other.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 2nd July 2017
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Luxembourg, IT, Software, AML & KYC IT Application Officer