Chief Information Officer
- 300 - 350k per annum + benefits (tax free)
- Kuwait City, 'Asimah, Kuwait
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 25 Jun 17
A leading bank in Kuwait would like to appoint a innovative Chief Information Officer to drive their Digital Transformation across the bank.
We are seeking a Chief Information Officer who will provide the vision, strategy, direction, architecture, standards, guidelines, policies, planning, coordination, and oversight for information systems and technology to the bank.
You will be responsible for developing the banks strategic digital direction and future growth, supporting all aspects of the banks technological development.
As Chief Information Officer, you will be reporting directly into the CEO work closely with the Executive Management team and Board to support the banks digital presence using technological resources and practical approach which will support the banks strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing the Digital Strategic Vision from the overall Technology strategy and translating this into an operational plan for delivery.
- Providing management and leadership for the technology function, with an oversight of the applications and infrastructure.
- Conceptualising Digital initiatives, programmes and central solutions and ensuring alignment with the technology divisional portfolios
- Ensuring effective and efficient communication, co-ordination and implementation of technology alongside business requirements
- Acting as the recognised expert in the bank for all digital policies and procedures and their implementation in relation to technologies available
- Ensuring appropriate senior management awareness and oversight of follow-up on action items to resolve identified issues, e.g. digital solutions, and information technology
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the bank, to act as a subject matter expert for them on Information Technology and Digital topics.
- Ensuring a common understanding of Information Technology and implications for the bank
- Staying abreast of new digital technologies as well as changes in the business or legal / regulatory environment and advising Senior Management of potential impacts
- Facilitating a regular communication and cooperation with all relevant stakeholder and functions across the bank
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level with a concentration in Computer Science (or equivalent qualification / work experience)
- Profound experience in business and IT processes and respective regulatory requirements around digital
- Extensive experience of digital technology within financial services institutions
- Excellent analytical skills, flexibility regarding problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and local languages (written/verbal) as appropriate
- An excellent and inspiring team leader, able to manage teams of senior experts in a financial services organisation
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, keeping pace with technical and operational innovation
- Open minded, able to share information and transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
Please apply directly to the link for immediate consideration!