TK IST Developer, Interest Rate Derivatives - Java/Scala
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Sep 16
See job description for details
The candidate will be part of the Interest Rate Derivatives trading system technology team. This is a front-office development team with 100+ members spread across the globe.
The team is responsible for trade capture, calculation of valuation, risk, profit & loss for both real-time and end-of-day and feeds where appropriate to downstream systems. There will be a considerable amount of interaction with trading desk and quants as well as financial controllers, market risk and derivative operations departments.
The interest rate derivatives systems are in the middle of considerable multi-year change that are required to meet the demands stemming from regulatory change, expansion of electronic trading of derivatives and a firm-wide strategic goal to increase market share in this area, set against a backdrop of rapidly evolving global economic conditions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn the existing platforms, which are built using a variety of technologies including Java, Scala, C# and be proactive in designing and building the next generation of systems to meet the business demands. The person will also be able to handle competing demands including both tactical and strategic initiatives, manage own work to aggressive deadlines and work within a globally distributed team. The role will offer a good opportunity for those looking to make a difference to a major business division.
Our team is building a trade capture system which is connected to various downstream systems. We are looking for an experienced, proficient developer who can develop a scalable and robust solution by understanding the business workflow and the changing regulatory environments. The position will entail development of both front-end as well as backend components to support pre/post trade life cycle management, real-time data feed to external systems and integration with pricing system.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Communicate with traders, quants, operations and other stakeholders day to day
- Analyze and optimize the business workflow by providing a better tool
- Participate in the global project such as the templatization of exotic products
- Develop scalable components for trade data feed used by downstream system
- Provide support for local users and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Excellent code development skills
- Problem solving ability including ability to discuss and refine requirements with users, convert those requirements into a design and build a solution to meet that design
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new programming languages
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team working ability in local and global teams