TK, Economist, Analyst up to Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Aug 17
See job description for details
The successful candidate would contribute to the macroeconomic research of the Japan economics team as a Junior Economist. The role would include maintaining and creating data files, analyzing data, data commentary, forecasting economic data, putting together presentations and undertaking research for medium-term projects. Over time, the role would also involve writing briefing notes, speaking to clients and presenting at meetings.
Morgan Stanley are looking for a highly talented individual who combines strong analytical skills with attention to detail. Applicants need to be able to work within a small team, and should be able to both collaborate with, and contribute to, the team’s thought process. The ideal candidate will need to be proactive and able to think on their feet. At the same time they will need to work diligently, stay focused on completing the task and be resourceful and enthusiastic. In addition, applicants must be able to work on their own initiative. Be capable of solving problems independently and to question conventional wisdom.
• Responsible for providing research assistance to senior economists including fact-checking, publishing their research reports, and managing/updating charts in their marketing material.
• Manage and develop forecasting models of various Japanese economic indicators such as inflation and GDP.
• Publish data comments for clients on Japanese economic indicators.
• Respond to internal and external requests for data, charts and analysis related to the Japanese economy.
• Work with Morgan Stanley’s Global Economic Team in providing data for the global products.
• Conduct value-added economic research, including gathering and analyzing economic data.
• A strong educational background in Economics or equivalent; a Master’s degree or PhD advantageous
• Strong background in macroeconomics required and work experience as an economist is a must
• Native level Japanese, Fluent/Business level English
• Highly organized, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure