Portfolio Manager- Japanese Equities
- highly competitive package
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia , EA Licence No: 15C7420
- 22 Sep 16
A prominent, regional, pioneer homegrown boutique hedge fund operating in Singapore with a 20-year track record of achievement seeks an experienced Portfolio Manager for their country-specific (Japan-oriented) investment fund covering equity investments.
In this role, you will be responsible in contributing to the performance of assets under management and involved in actively managing a portfolio of Japanese equities. In addition to hands-on portfolio management which includes portfolio construction and security selection for asset allocation.
- Manage the equities allocation with tactical shifts among different sectors based on thorough bottom-up investment research
- Follow up proactively on portfolio allocation, holdings and performance, and will maintain close interaction with Equity Research Analysts who will support and provide fundamental analysis for listed equities in your portfolio, produce buy stock recommendations/reports, formulate country/sector strategies, etc
- Implement investment decisions for classic and special mandates
- Develop and enhance the Equities investment platform in assessing investment opportunities and implementing investment strategies
- • Ensure that the mandates always comply with the firm’s risk management process and client guidelines
An extensive track record of performance and positive P&L generated for the fund with at least an overall minimum of 10 years of active portfolio management (a minimum of 7+ years in core fund management). Strong financial markets knowledge and an entrepreneurial mindset and the capability to identify alpha in investment opportunities. Experienced utilising a bottom-up investment approach with a strong quantitative and analytical overview. Excellent academics, fluent language/communication skills in English, Mandarin, and Japanese.