Managed Services Reporting Specialist
- Base + Bonus
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 28 Aug 17
This position is to support the Managed Services Reporting clients based out of the Japan region. The clients subscribe to the risk analytics products of MSCI and the Managed Services team provide support with their portfolio data management and flow of the same into the subscribed products. We are looking for a candidate with investment risk background, preferably in a client facing role. The team is currently spread around the globe and this is the first position we are creating in Tokyo.
- Be the first point of contact during the Tokyo working hours for Managed Services(MS) clients in Japanese region to respond to any queries related to the MS deliverables
- Represent Managed Services Reporting team in engaging with local Japanese clients, both face-to-face as well as using electronic channels, to address their operational needs related to the Managed Services contracts
- Engage with the Managed Services Reporting team globally to communicate any issues/escalations and co-ordinate the resolution of the same
- Execute workflows to manage the client’s portfolio holdings upload and instrument specific term-and-conditions data into MSCI’s risk and portfolio analytics tools.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc risk reports plus troubleshoot and escalate any production issues with analytics tools and the underlying analytics.
- Manage any client issues end-to-end right from providing zero level support to escalating it to the right teams within MSCI for the quick closure of these issues
- Engage with other relevant MSCI teams like Solutions Management, Implementation Services and Consultants in the region to work on joint projects/tasks aimed at servicing client requirements – ad-hoc or contractual
- Conduct regular monthly calls with the client and act as a single point of contact for the client. Explain report content and risk analytics to the client; therefore, he or she must understand the main principles of risk management and be well versed in valuation theory of financial instruments, ranging from plain vanilla types to derivative products.
- Multi-lingual: Strong Japanese and English speaking skills. The candidate will have to engage with both local Japanese clients as well as the MSCI teams globally, based out of multiple locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good client facing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of major market risk measurements like VaR, duration, Greeks, stress testing etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in investment domain, preferable in a client facing role
- Experience in the investment sector in Japanese region with good knowledge of valuation of fixed income instruments and plain and complex derivatives instruments.
- Background in risk management, systems integration, and/or financial reporting will be preferred.
- Experience in risk/performance groups, or client facing quantitative financial service providers will be a plus.
- Strong Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or similar subject.
- Post graduate qualification in Finance (M.Sc./M.B.A./P.G.D.M.)
- Certifications like CFA/FRM will be an added advantage