Institutional Equity Division (IED), Equities Trading Assistant (Japanese-speaking, based in Tokyo)
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
With more than 1,300 people in Japan, Morgan Stanley is one of the largest and most active foreign financial firms in the Japanese market, providing investment banking, sales & trading, research, real estate and investment management products and services.
Morgan Stanley's group companies in Japan, which operate under the Firm's holding company, Morgan Stanley Japan Holdings Co., Ltd., offer diverse array of businesses to governments, corporations and institutional clients.
In May 2010, Morgan Stanley joined force with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) to commence joint venture operations in the area of securities business in Japan, as part of the global strategic alliance.
The joint venture has since been offering first-in-class financial services to the clients, leveraging the combined capabilities of Morgan Stanley’s global reach and financial expertise as well as MUFG’s expansive local client footprint.
Based in Tokyo within the Institutional Equity Division (IED), the Equities Trading Assistant will work directly and closely with Trading and Sales to:
- execute trades on exchange
- handle position updates
- book trades
- reconcile confirms,
- deal with IT and Operations to ensure that the tools and trade bookings accurately reflect individual positions.
Qualifications and Skill-sets:
- Very detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Fluent Japanese, conversational English (fluency not a requirement)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to handle stressful situations
- Enjoy the challenge of working with many different types of people, and different work functions, e.g. Front Office, IT, Operations