- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 28 Sep 16
Present in the country since 1973, Societe Generale provides Japanese customers with financial services built on its cutting-edge technologies as a leading French financial institution.
To Japanese clients, we provide specialist project, export, trade and aircraft financing solutions, as well as forex hedging. We also serve institutional investors, investment management companies, pension funds and securities companies with cross-asset solutions, backed by superb expertise in cutting-edge financial engineering.
Our Lyxor Asset Management arm provides advanced financial solutions through investment trusts and discretionary management agreements specialized in 3 areas: Alternative Investments, Quants & Structured Products and Index Tracking.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
- Working in the listed derivatives brokerage Information Technology team in Tokyo, you will initially focus exchange admin related tasks such as filing technical form for exchange network, login credential application, and production go-live arrangement etc.
- The initial responsibilities will include understanding the basic IT architecture and filing forms accurately with frequent and through tracking.
- The role will play essential part of client system onboarding process. You will gain knowledge of systems on Japanese financial/commodity markets.
- Responsible for filing, applying, and tracking the exchange application forms in Japanese
- Negotiate with exchanges to shorten the delivery time frame.
- Escalate any concern, inconsistency, or mistakes in the process of application forms.
- To understand and observe Societe Generale internal rules and process.
Key Skill Areas & knowledge Required:
- Native level Japanese in written communication and verbal communication
- Knowledge in basic IT infrastructure and software (such as IP address, telecom, socket programming concept)
- Desire to learn English quickly (written and verbal)
- Accurate and frequent tracking of multiple initiatives
- Knowledge of Japanese exchanges and ability to communicate in English would be advantageous