- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Contract, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 25 Jun 17
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Present in Japan since 1973, Societe Generale provides Japanese customers with financial services built on its cutting-edge technologies as a leading French financial institution.
Our office is located in Tokyo's core business district Marunouchi, housing Societe Generale's three entities in Japan: Societe Generale Tokyo Branch, Societe Generale Securities Services and Lyxor Asset Management.
You will join the Information Technology unit, in the Deal Processing department. This team of 10 is in charge of (including but not limited to): trade booking, pricing, deal lifecycle including confirmation, clearing, position management, regulatory reporting, etc.
You'll join a team of 3: 1 Project Manager and 2 Business Analysts / Stream Leaders. This team is in charge of planning, coordinating and executing a large, japan centric, transformation project, which is about to start.
This transformation program aims to revolutionize our current back-office setup (tools replacement). It'll rely on contributions from multiple teams from Front office, IT, Operations, Compliance, etc. across Asia and Europe Société Générale's offices.
As a Business Analyst / Stream Leader, you'll be responsible for a part of the project, from requirement gathering to solution definition and steering committee preparation, including budget management, test planning, change management, etc.
The candidate must be fluent in English. Japanese language and market practices knowledge is mandatory.
The candidate must be proficient in the following functional areas:
- Japanese product / market / settlement / clearing knowledge particularly the following:
- Equity post trade processes for both proprietary and agency businesses including execution netting, average pricing, agency and proprietary regulatory reporting, trade feeding to back office, matching, settlement, and the various reconciliation between Trade and Settlement date
- Stock L&B including trade feeding to back office, matching, Collateral management, Billing calculation
- Equity affiliate trade management including custody services
- Corporate action management (Dividend and non-cash related).
- Margin (seido-shinyou)
- Trade lifecycle / event knowledge (both principal and agency lifecycles)
- Demonstrable experience in writing specs and design test cases (end-to-end) with external platforms (JASDEC, BOJ, etc.) and counterparty (e.g. other securities firms)
- Japanese regulatory reporting & legal ledger knowledge on the above activities (Equity, Stock L&B, Affiliate custody, Margin)
- Experience on working with major BO vendor (ISTAR / FIDESSA / GLOSS)
- Detailed requirement gathering from Operations and Front Office population and product the relevant documentation.
- IT development cost review and execution planning (i.e. securing resources, budget follow-up and reporting)
- Trade and static data feed to back office systems design and testing.
- UAT campaign definition and coordination (environment initialization, test cases gathering, test book review and execution, user signoff management)
- Workshop definition and facilitation
- External vendor interaction.
- SQL language and data analysis (to facilitate system design / testing)
- Data modeling
- Proficiency in the following formats: XML, CSV
- Real time system design.
- Intra-system message protocol : message queues (MQ series, JMS)
- Obtain the consensus on a target operating model under a bounded time / budget by following the global IS strategy and project principle.
- Show a high level in maturity to be autonomous and fully accountable to the success of the deliveries by managing dependent teams.
- Able to do high level and detail level planning to ensure project stays on target. Focus the team execution towards the right priority.
- Critical thinking and creative / positive mindset (Propose alternatives)
- Strong documentation skills (specification).
- Capacity to work under pressure and stay professional under all circumstances.
The initial contract will be a contractor position. Outstanding performers may be offered a permanent employee position during the 3Y project course.