BlackRock - Japan Performance Team Lead, Vice President
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
BlackRock - Japan Performance Team Lead, Vice President
This individual will be part of the Global APS - Portfolio Services - Performance Measurement & Attribution (PMA) team, with a remit to lead Japan locational presence.
Japan PMA Team is responsible for providing analysis and reporting deliverables of performance and attribution related requirements to end users and clients in Japan. Core competencies of the team include BlackRock PMA analysis expertise, broad asset class performance (profit and loss) knowledge, regional markets product knowledge, and functional understanding of GIPS.
Key aspects to the role are to provide leadership and oversight for a location as global function concurrently. In addition, the individual will be expected connect with internal stakeholders and to provide hands-on support of production processes.
This is an opportunity to join the team as a leader within the global PMA team in Japan. The role will entail coordination, communication, and work flow management amongst performance teams, our clients, and any technology teams necessary. Our clients in this context include but are not limited to Portfolio Managers, RQA (Risk and Quantitative Analysis), ICB (Institution Client Business), Retail, iShares and BRS (Blackrock Solutions). Projects vary from pure large data requests, to data quality control implementation, all the way to reporting. The nature of the role will largely be to understand and organize project/data/performance requirements from our clients and work with as well as represent the larger performance teams globally to fulfill requirements and manage expectations.
Working as part of the global team reporting into the head of APAC PMA as well as the head of Japan Portfolio Services, the expectation is to utilize technology, resources, and past experience to create road maps and project plans that can be utilized by the team for future like-projects. Through this, we can continue to deliver our first class client service while building scale and continuing to market the team's critical functionality to others in the firm.
- Provide leadership and management of Japan PMA team including provision of collective work supports with teams in Singapore, Australia and India
- Provide assistance and support the Business Ops locational leadership
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in Investments, Risk, Client Business, Technology, BRS and Operations to provide best in class performance analysis and reporting support
- Contribute to thought leadership on evolution of the Aladdin platform performance and attribution capabilities
- Ensure the continuous evolution of achieving target state workflow models for data centralization and input risk mitigation
- Design and Implement key strategic initiatives in order to expand attribution service levels for both internal analysis and external client reporting
- Participate in Japan Business Operations leadership structure to create connectivity between global functions and locational business for both internal and external clients
- Drive critical PMA as well as overall Business Operations projects for transparent execution and timely completion
- Represent the team in stakeholder meetings, in particular to gather feedback and pro-actively engage the team in discussions relating to service level and challenges, plus, be able to highlight to locational functional owners needs associated with new products, or, reporting analytics
- Display professionalism and confidence when dealing with internal stakeholders and clients and have the ability to represent the broad suit of Performance Measurement & Attribution team responsibilities and importantly engage functional owners when appropriate
Working as part of a global team the successful candidate will be expected to interact with both locational and regional team members focusing on ensuring consistent excellence of service and controls regarding the provision of P&L and Performance returns for BlackRock.
The underlying opportunity is to become a key member of a dynamic performance team servicing a diverse & challenging client and product base, working on continued partnerships with many internal groups to ensure continued success for the global teams.
- 7 + years asset management industry experience with direct involvement in a Performance related function or role
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Experience of engaging with internal clients and partners to develop strong relationships for the benefit of broader team and business
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks and assume additional responsibilities with appropriate guidance
- Strong skill and experience in logically investigating cause/issue, and in constructing the approach for analysis
- Experience interpreting equations and numbers, and communicating the idea effectively to other teams with less understanding
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with frequent senior management interactions
- Excellent knowledge across multiple areas of performance related functions or concepts, including :
- Attribution methodologies across all asset classes and investment styles
- Characteristics of Fixed Income, Equity, and derivative instruments
- Index vendor methodologies
- Accounting and pricing principles employed by both internal analytical tools and external fund administrators
- Regulatory situations in Japan
- Experience using project management best practices
- Experience in managing large volume of data, able to data mine and interpret findings from the data
- Experience with industry standard data providers platforms and tools such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, Lipper, FactSet, StatPro, etc
- Possess technical skills such as SQL, unix, VBA, and an aptitude to debug technical issues
- Able to work effectively with others in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles
- Preferred experience with Aladdin
- Preferred professional certifications such as CMA, CFA, CAIA, CIPM, and/or FRM
- Language :
- Japanese - business level
- English - business level
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.