Senior Business Analyst
- Negotiable, + bonus, family health care and dental, pension,
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna International Group
- 29 Aug 16
Taking a lead role in defining business requirements for complex financial systems development in the trading, middle office, Compliance, and regulatory environments.
SIG is a leading force in applying technology to trading. Requiring leading edge and innovative use of technology. At SIG our technologists enjoy working on highly complex in-house software running on the latest platforms available, solving a myriad of challenges to further our growth. With a flat structure and a collaborative environment, our people continue to grow and learn throughout their careers as ever shifting market demands change the nature of our environment.
Our technology team are employed in the design & build of as well as maintaining and supporting real time, event driven systems that are fundamental to success in the changing marketplace while simultaneously maintaining our competitiveness in the current trading environment. With both our European trading floor and technology teams based together, there is a fast-paced environment designed to facilitate rapid application development and deployment.
To remain a dominant force, SIG has continued to expand its team of highly talented Software and Systems Engineers. Over the past 3 years, the Dublin technology team has grown to over 150 employees, doubling in size. SIG’s continued success will – in large part – be based on the capabilities provided to our traders by our team.
The candidate will take a lead role in defining business requirements for complex financial systems development in the trading, middle office, Compliance, and regulatory environments. This will require extensive interaction with end users and senior members of the internal Technology, Operations, Trading, and Compliance teams, as well as external counterparties (e.g. trading exchanges). Experience working within the Investment banking or Capital markets industry would be an advantage.
The candidate will also need to take a lead role in functional specification definition. The candidate will be required to work with the development and QA teams to ensure business requirements are achieved.
The candidate will need to bring strong business analyst skills to the role, along with experience in working with complex data-driven systems.
- Take end users and senior business project sponsors through the process of defining business requirements for software developments.
- Interact with external counterparties (e.g. trading exchanges) when required to help to define business requirements.
- Take ownership of the translation of business requirements into functional specifications.
- Take a lead role in working with developers and testers to ensure requirements are fulfilled.
- Working with end users during user review and UAT.
- Ensure there is quality documentation for all requirements and functional designs. Documentation needs to be at an appropriate level of detail.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience of system delivery (i.e. has participated in all or most of the aspects of requirements, design, QA, Support and UAT). Preferably in Financial Services
- Minimum of 5 years business analyst experience ideally within the Investment banking or Capital markets industry. It is expected that the ideal candidate will have detailed experience in delivering complex solutions within the Compliance, Risk, middle or back office Operations functions.
- Experience in development lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in User interface design a plus.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.