- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Financial Data Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaFinancial Data Analysts (sourcing) is primarily responsible for sourcing of financial statements and other relevant disclosure documents which are a starting point to the ratings and research process
- FDA would be required to source public and private company filings (annual reports, quarterly filings etc.) accurately and on timely basis
- Verify and validate filings: Good understanding of company financial statements, FDA should be able to judge if filing is complete and adequate for spreading
- Tag documents with defined set of attributes such as the Fiscal Year End, accounting principle, document language, auditor, etc. and upload the document into internal systems
- Regularly interact with Moody's ratings analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications
- FDA need to communicate and coordinate well with AAs or onshore FDAs over the phone and mails to source the accurate filings
- Create process and instruction documentation and provide guidance to support analysts
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements.
The Analytic Data Management (ADM) team is responsible for managing and packaging financial, operational, debt and other relevant analytic data and documents for use in ratings procedures. The team works closely with ratings analysts and team members may interact with analysts on a regular basis.
Graduate or Post graduate degree required
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience).
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is preferred
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus.
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment and pay attention to details
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required.
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands.
- Language skills may be required for certain positions
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.