Top Tier CIB - AVP Automated Market Making Developer - C++
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 27 Sep 16
TopTier CIB - AVP - Electronic Market Making Developer - C++
My client is a top tier Corporate & Investment Banking platform actively seeking to hire a high caliber Automated Market Making Developer with at least 5 + years of C++ development experience allowing automation of trade processing across a wide range of products and locations at an International banking firm. In this role, you will focus on work related to electornic market making and high frequency trading in the EMM Tech APAC Team. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and will work closely with traders in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment.
Excellent career prospects and a highly competitive remuneration package is in place for the selected individual. This individual will be part of a dynamic, multi-cultural team of highly talented individuals and will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to evolve the platform and help build the next generation of global solutions for my client.
- Conduct trading research and develop alpha models, monitor trading and generate ideas, and manage risks of trading books.
- Develop, design and maintain the strategic ultra low latency EMM and HFT platform for the region.
- Develop, design and maintin the cutting edge electronic market marking system for Equity Derivative Products
- Build strong relationships with business users through understanding the challenges that they face, then build systems that will allow them to overcome them
- Develop software solutions to improve and expand the technology platform across all markets in Asia where EMM is used and work will include improving trading performance in existing markets as well as delivery to multiple new markets across the region.
- Work closely with traders to define the specification / requirements for their trading needs
- Help traders to perform pre and post-trade analysis to fine tune the trading strategies / parameters
- Understand firm's approach and policies for control and governance related to electronic trading
- Build foundation of trust with traders by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
- 3 - 7 years of C++ development experience and familiarity with technology in EMM and/ or high frequency trading development; previous experience in the financial industry is highly preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering.
- Strong English communication skills, additional Chinese (Mandarin/ Cantonese) language skills is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-asset financial products, trading strategies and hands-on research capabilities dealing with large data (R or Matlab plus scripting language).
- Excellent analytical skills are necessary
- GUI development experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, comfortable with change, ability to operate in an intense environment
- Ability to work to deadlines, results-oriented, flexible, adaptable
- Maintain a strong focus on quality; remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
If interested, please send your most updated CV (in WORD format ONLY). Due to a high response rate, only selected individuals will be contacted.