TRAINEE: Onboarding Specialist
- Hong Kong
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 29 Sep 16
TRAINEE: Onboarding Specialist
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
At the crossroad between Front, Middle and Back Office in one hand, Financial Exchanges and third party providers in the other hand, Electronic Trading Services team aims at providing a transparent, high performance and reliable interface between our core business lines, and the market as a whole.
In order to face with the high volumes and the very low latency required by real-time automated trading, systems are in permanent evolution, implementing state of the art technologies and algorithms, and subject to a continuous monitoring.
Within Client and Trading Technology Division, the successful candidate will be part of the Electronic Trading Services team in the Asia Pacific region (based in HK), in charge of providing a wide range of electronic trading solutions, spanning from order management and market data systems, to risk management & trading tools.
- Build proximity and understand the needs of clients together with different business teams and formulate with the corresponding trading solutions on different asset classes
- Translate client's needs into trading solutions: from design to implementation, from the network level to application level, FIX certification, etc.
- Provide costing indicators and project presentations to clients and prospects
- Conduct trading solutions "run through"s and demonstrations
- Coordinate with front to back office teams to ensure that all onboarding tasks are completed: account creations, legal agreements, exchange reporting setups, pre-trade limits etc.
- Manage clients and regulators to ensure that clients' trading solutions are in compliance with SG and regulator's requirements
- Gather feedback of clients for further product offering enhancements
- Keep a close coordination with Production experts to guarantee a smooth go live for the clients
- Maintaining a close relationship with clients, exchanges and Independent Software vendors (ISV)
- Work closely with different features teams and infrastructure teams within Information Technology Department
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Possess of Logical thinking and Problem solving skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages and UNIX
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and come up with innovative ideas
- Detail oriented person with high level of autonomy
- Knowledge of Derivatives and Equities. Knowledge of other Asset Classes will be a plus (i.e. Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income etc.)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of other languages (e.g. Korean, Japanese, and French etc.) is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.