TRAINEE: Commercial Support
- Hong Kong
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 22 Aug 17
TRAINEE: Commercial Support
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Commercial Support is a team within the Coverage & Investment Banking division. Working closely with relationship managers and with the country correspondents, Commercial Support team coordinates marketing activities and provides support to front officers.
- Commercial support to relationship managers for their global relationship with clients: preparing pitchbooks, briefing memos for senior management meetings, client intelligence (client organization, geographical presence, market and industry positioning, banking revenue wallet-sizing, press review)
- Strategic marketing: adapt SG Group's and SGCIB's global strategy to the specificities of Asia Pacific (client list, products, market watch, client segmentation, marketing plans)
- Operational marketing: support and develop business in Asia Pacific (optimization of our client base, preparation of action plans and follow-up, account analysis on key clients) and improve the internal sharing of information (through business committees, newsletters, etc.)
- Management of commercial banking operations: support coverage team in putting in place commercial loan facilities and participation from credit process, client onboarding, documentation process to loan closing / drawdown / monitoring and reporting in close collaboration with various teams (Credit, Know-Your-Client, Legal, Operations, etc.)
- Involvement in business line transactions upon request
- Monitoring of client profitability: support coverage team with accurate client profitability data, keep track of key transactions and prepare client profitability analysis for portfolio of key clients
- Management of client referential database: responsible for maintaining up-to-date client referential database
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Finance or similar
- Dedication to work and attention to details
- Positive attitude with good communication skills and a team player
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word a must
- Fluent English and Mandarin are mandatory, proficient in French a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.