- Competitive Salary
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments (Asia) Ltd
- 23 Jun 17
This role provides expertise and experience in application development and production support activities to support business needs globally for our Emerging Market Group. Refactors the code base of applications and reviews source code of peers. Resolves and identifies common production issues. This is an opportunity to apply previous application development experience in a key role to enhance and support critical Investment Management applications which mainly used by research analysts and portfolio managers. The right candidate will have financial experience, preferably in Investment Management Applications. The individual must also have experience in production support.Project management experience is a plus.
Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN], Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
This role provides expertise and experience in application development and production support activities to support business needs globally for our Emerging Market Group. Refactors the code base of applications and reviews source code of peers. Resolves and identifies common production issues.
This is an opportunity to apply previous application development experience in a key role to enhance and support critical Investment Management applications which mainly used by research analysts and portfolio managers.
The right candidate will have financial experience, preferably in Investment Management Applications. The individual must also have experience in production support. Project management experience is a plus as the individual can be assigned to lead small projects.
- Creates technical program specifications using the technical system design document as part of the project lifecycle
- Codes and tests programs from technical program specifications
- Programs modules from technical program specifications
- Tests programs and documents results
- May consult on medium to large-scale projects leading Software Engineers
- Provides production support, including on-call support as required
- Participates in code reviews
- Manages help desk tickets for support and enhancement requests
- Investigates, troubleshoots and corrects data and user related system errors
- Uses version control tools and Production Control for job migrations and scheduling
- Participate in DR exercises, server refreshes and software upgrade
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years of experience in similar role with at least 3 years in a financial services environment, preferably in development or support of Portfolio Management, Research Management or Trading applications.
- Solid experience in production support, structured analysis & design, programming and/or software development experience, programming experience in Perl, Java, Unix Scripting and Oracle PL/SQL
- Strong VB.NET, ASP.NET, C# and Core Java (J2SE) Skills
- Practical experience of using Core Java, Multithreading, Web application development and Web services
- PL/SQL – basic data knowledge, knowledge about object-oriented database
- Experience in the following programming languages is added advantage: Progress, C/C++, HTML, XML, Web Script
- Knowledge of all or some of the following software packages/utilities may be required: file transfer mechanisms (sftp, http, ssl, etc), MQ-Series, Sonic MQ, MS Office and Visio
- Working experience in Oracle
- Knowledge of Research Management Bloomberg & Factset is a plus
- Proficient in English and Mandarin is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Chinese and English
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including FTI management, executives, co-workers, customers and outside business associates
- Ability to interact with team members in a local, international and multi-site environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a dynamic organization
- Ability to offer solutions to a variety of complex problems or processes; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Ability to create detailed technical design specifications to meet business user requirements
- Attention to detail
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Please apply via the below website with full resume.
Candidates are welcome to visit our web site to find out more about our company:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.