Senior Technology Transformation Program / Project Manager - Wealth, Foreign Exchange, Payment Platform
- VP level
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter International Hong Kong
- 21 Sep 16
This position works with businesses and delivery partners across the globe by combining change expertise to help shape and implement strategic change for the bank. The function delivers change through four key services, supporting end-to-end change life cycle: Change Portfolio Management, Program & Project Management, Business Consulting and Process Re-engineering. The division is instrumental in driving change improvements in customer experience and unit costs through automation, standardization and optimization of the bank’s operating model covering people, processes, products and channels.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of Program and Project Management Framework, supporting the creation of detailed plans including key activities and milestones
- Supports the Global Senior Program Manager in defining required scope, quality, cost and effort
- Understands the impact of change requests to scope, time, budget or effort and helps identifies the new requirements to deliver the projects successfully.
- Manage the Bank’s Wealth Foreign Exchange deployment Program across all the Asia Pacific priority Retail Banking Wealth Management markets. The Foreign Exchange Platform combines Retail Banking Wealth Management with Global Banking Markets to deliver a fully integrated, active, strategy for Foreign Exchange, covering both transactional and investment Foreign Exchange for retail customers.
- Lead a team of project managers and business analysts of various skill levels, experience and cultural backgrounds to implement large change programs, working with business leaders, delivery partners and sponsors to successfully deliver program outcome and benefits
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Foster open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Define the shape and structure in developing the Program plan; review and refine resource requirements and engage with stakeholders to create buy in for the plan
- Actively manage and coordinate the Program roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Obtain buy-in from and influence executive management and stakeholders for all key Program plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, scope, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Oversee the tracking of strategic portfolio risks, issues, dependencies and assess the impact on the benefits realization for the Program and take action to minimize impact
- Plan and manage complex Program deployments for the business and customers, managing change readiness and acceptance in order to ensure a smooth transition to target state, embed the change and achieve benefits realization.
- Promote a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Demonstrates understanding of analytical tools and techniques to prepare and analyze management reports; identifying factors that are putting the Program off track, monitor and share progress with stakeholders
- Acts as a good team member and shows a positive collaborative attitude, promoting bank’s values and behaviors
- Shows high standards of professionalism in the quality of written and personal communication, especially in front of the business and delivery partners
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline
- Proven Global Program and Project Manager Experience within banking especially with a proven track record on working within complex global change and integration Programs
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to conduct impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realization
- Strong experience in Foreign Exchange and Payment platforms.
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle, exposure to, and knowledge of, industry recognized project frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- Project Management Qualifications such as Prince 2, Project Management Profession, are desirable.
- Strong understanding of banking and how change drives benefits for corporations, their customers and other stakeholders
- Extensive project management skills and demonstrated experience of managing large, complex Global projects.
- Multiple strong examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes, a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- Must have a positive, can do attitude and needs to be a self-starter
- Must be an excellent written and oral communicator with the ability to refine and create significant mandatory and ad hoc project documentation
- Must be able to hit the ground running and is expected to deliver with minimal supervision
- Excellent networking, collaborative and due diligence skills is a must. The person will have to deal with a myriad of people across multiple departments and should be able to maintain performance under pressure situations
- Broad experience in managing and working with diverse teams of different work streams
Interested candidates please apply directly by submitting your detailed resume to Hmkwok@astoncarter.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.