Senior Project Manager - Hong Kong - IT - Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Strike IT Hong Kong Limited
- 06 Sep 16
Senior IT Project Manager with experience of working in the Insurance or Financial Services sector is required for a leading Insurance organisation based in Hong Kong for a 12 month initial contract, with a possibility of going permanent.
They require a Senior Project Manager to Define, scope, initiate and manage IT projects ensuring their successful and timely delivery. Responsible for the timely resolution of escalated issues and risks, directing the work and resource planning. Supervises teams of project management resources/teams assigned to the project. Sets direction and goals for the project and is accountable for the final outcome of the project. This role will also establish and facilitate project governance and compliance through established standards.
- Project Management
- Customer Contract Management
- Vendor Management
- People Management
- Change Management
- Project Governance
- 8- 10+ years' experience in managing regional projects (must have multi-country & multi-business line experience).
- Project team size managed 20+ FTE (incl. system implementation vendor);
- project budget managed $USD 10+mn;
- experience with large-scale transformation programmes/projects (incl. business change management)
- Significant knowledge in insurance business across product, sales/customer support, distribution, operation and finance reporting
- Strong change management skills and experience, with a proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining business systems.
- Ability to lead a team of IT professionals and business analysts in different project development phases in both technical and business perspectives
- Track record in developing and managing a team of project managers & business analysts (mentoring & coaching ability)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiation skills
- University graduate, preferably in Business, Finance, IT or related disciplines. Preferably project management (PMP) certified