Senior Manager, Governance & Control
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This role is for a Risk & Control Manager within FM Operations. You will be mainly focusing on enhancing existing global FMO controls as well as executing KCSA /KCI/CST checks arcorss FMO functions. Product coverage:Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income instruments, FX & Rates derivatives, and money market instruments.
The role also includes performing in country governance for FM Operations functions operating in Global Business Support teams (GBS), and handle Operational incident escalation raised in GBS.
An effective stakeholder management and solution driven oriented individual with experiences in Operations is preferred. Specific experience in MIS function and exceptions handling is desired.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Execute periodic KCSA/CST checks and monitor exceptions, be able to analyse information collected and elevate residual risk on certain process where necessary.
* Follow up on risk item tracking and resolution, present results in multiple Ops risk forums.
* Perform investigation on Operations incidents and propose remedial action to avoid re-occurance.
* Analyse information gathered from GBS teams to produce Ops risk reporting packs for multiple Operations and Business management teams
* Be the central point of contact to attend all requsts from internal and external auditors.
* Propose and implement new control points for supporting any new products/ processes in FM.
* Conduct traning to Operations staff to increase risk awareness and provide updates on latest internal / external regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 6 years experience in a Control and regulatory role within an investment bank
- Very strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
- Strong communication skills in Mandarin/Cantonese both written and spoken would be an asset but not a prerequisite
- Very good understanding of regulatory framework within Investment banking (especially HK market regulation)
- Good leadership and experience leading junior staff
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Good risk awareness and ability to assess the impact and consequence
- Experience working in an International, multi-cultural organization
- Excellent PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS power Point
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.