Senior Business Consultant - Group Transformation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Jun 17
Senior Business Consultant - Group Transformation
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Change Delivery works with businesses and delivery partners across the world by combining change expertise and experience to help shape and implement strategic change for HSBC. The function delivers change through four key services, supporting end-to- end change life cycle: Change Portfolio Management, Programme & Project Management, Business Consulting and Process Re-engineering. The division is instrumental in driving change improvements in customer experience and unit costs through automation, standardisation and optimisation of HSBC's operating model covering people, processes, products and channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Business Consultant.
- Build and sustain trusting relationships with internal customers by consistently delivering value add consultancy services.
- Use key relationships and knowledge of business strategy, trends and key events to identify new consulting engagements.
- Appeal to customer's viewpoint in order to understand and deliver the most beneficial solutions.
- Facilitate stakeholders through decisions, consulting them, influencing them and by resolving conflicts and disagreement.
- Manage and support business development initiatives.
- Work with the businesses and delivery partners to develop objective, quantitative recommendations that are driven by ROI.
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions which leverage emerging technologies and solutions but which are pragmatic, implementable.
- Utilise financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits.
- Assess business health performance including considering external trends and impacts
- Define activities to manage and mitigate the impact of change on the target operating model
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice.
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- University level degree or higher in Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field
- Have proven experience working on consulting, change initiatives in HSBC or other large complex organisations. Financial services organisation experience highly preferred.
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in managing stakeholder requirements and design sessions
- Good track record of fostering and maintaining best practice solutions and tools to improve and optimise work flow, identify opportunities for synergy and integration, simplify complex processes to maximise HSBC's efficiency.
- Solid experience in managing or supporting others to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to support the definition of a business problem, assess it and develop solutions based on facts and data.
- Experience of validating and prioritising business requirements.
- Good experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Familiarity and experience with financial services business and governance models.
- Aptitude at contributing to design solutions that must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, supporting the Principal Business Consultants.
- Proficiency in Change Management methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and navigate the organisation using formal and informal networking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.