Senior Application Developer - Equity Finance Synthetics
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- 30 Sep 16
Hatstand, a global financial services consultancy, is seeking to recruit a motivated Senior Application Developer, on a client engagement, providing innovative technology service within the Equity Finance business domain. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to consolidate and expand the systems and business knowledge and become a key member of a team delivering change across the organisation, while being focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support the institution in meeting their business objectives.
Our client is a global investment banking and diversified financial services group, providing banking, financial advisory and investment and funds management services to institutional, corporate and retail clients and counterparties around the world. The client team caters to the core business with strong Asia-Pacific foundations, and provides full-service institutional cash equities broker covering sales, research, ECM, execution and derivatives activities. The team delivers specialist support services including technology, market operations, workplace and human resources, and is expected to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk.
Selected candidates would be responsible for:
- Establishing strong relationships with the business and IT stakeholders, and take responsibility for delivering to agreed constraints in terms of time, budget and scope
- Following SDLC best practices, while designing, developing and deploying code for systems supporting the Equity Finance Synthetics business
- Playing significant roles in effort estimation, release planning and execution, and process improvement initiatives
- Managing time appropriately across multiple and simultaneous projects with differing priorities
To be shortlisted for the role, you would have:
- Atleast 5-7 years of experience as an Application Developer, with proven experience in building and supporting applications in the area of financial services
- Strong sense of ownership with a passion for development and delivering quality software, using SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Experience working in the front / middle office, primarily around Delta 1 / Synthetic products
- Strong programming skills in Java, SQL (Sybse preferred), Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Messaging Bus/Tibco Rendezvous, MQ, Solace, and FIX Protocol
Would be helpful if the candidate has experience with C#, Spring Boot, Maven / Gradle, Git technologies, and UNIX scripting.
If you would like to know more about this role or have any questions, please contact Pradeep at email@example.com
Hatstand are a global financial consultancy and Capital Markets Specialists. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk. We work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, Geneva, Dubai, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.