Senior Application Architect-IT Consultancy-MNC-700K/1M+bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Randstad Hong Kong
- 23 Sep 16
Our client is one of the top-tier global IT consultancy firms, who aims to target the best talents to join their group for creating a better technology future. They are now looking for an experienced application manager to create a strategy and road map to modernize and optimize their client application portfolio.
about the company
Our client is one of the top-tier global IT consultancy firms, who aims to target the best talents to join their group for creating a better technology future.
They are now looking for an experienced application manager to create a strategy and road map to modernize and optimize their client application portfolio.
about the Job
- Perform application optimization by creating a strategy and road map to improve client application portfolio, reduce functionality overlaps, technical limitations and maintenance costs.
- Identify problematic areas and determine the technical adequacy of the applications to see if it is feasible to support client organization’s business strategy.
- Conduct application modernization & platform rationalization by assisting the client to evolve technical application landscape & platforms (Database, Middleware) to deliver cost reduction, tackle obsolescence, increase agility and enable Digital architectures
- Assess opportunities, develop business case, design target to modernized languages &/or technologies and transform through remediation, consolidation, rationalization and migration work.
about skills and experience
- Transform Legacy to Cloud by helping clients to design, plan and achieve Legacy to Cloud migration to unlock Applications and Platform Legacy barriers and realize the full potential of Digital
- It would be an advantage to have proven track record in high performance is built into applications and alleviates performance problems in existing applications
- Experience in application and architecture development in the context of IT change programs, enterprise architecture, and application estate assessment & management
- Experience in cost saving programs, and/or Total Cost Ownership management and reduction experience
- Solid understanding of application and architecture development, in a variety of technical platforms such as Cloud (must), Mainframe, AS400, J2EE, Microsoft .NET and Packaged solutions environment technologies
- Proven track record in application modernization program including shaping & participating to project implementation;
- Master/Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or similar field)
- At least 8 years of IT experience & 3 years of relevant Modernization experience
- Leadership experience of medium to large teams on Modernization projects
- Solution-oriented attitude - no challenge is too big
- Flexibility to travel abroad.
Interested parties please apply directly by submitting your CV in Microsoft format or contact Canny Ho from Randstad Technology, direct line - 22323414.