Scala/Core Java Developer (Ibank)
- AUD0.00 per annum
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 30 Sep 16
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. Today, a worldwide network of offices and an international candidate management system offers our clients and candidates the best talent and opportunities from all corners of the globe.
The global IRD Risk Management Systems team is responsible for developing technology supporting the interest rate derivatives (IRD) business. It is responsible for the systems to calculate valuations, risk, profit and loss for both real-time and end-of-day, as well as market-data management and calibration and feed all of this where appropriate to downstream systems, including the systems supporting the financial books and records of the firm. The candidate will be involved in the design and development of the IRD risk management systems. He or she would work close with developers based in Asia (TK, SH, and HK) on tasks varies from several days (e.g. small enhancement of certain system features), to a multi-month (e.g., a requirement to generate reports to regulators).
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, quick-learning and comfortable working across numerous technologies, and who can take ownership of critical problems and work throughout the full project lifecycle from problem analysis to successful timely delivery of the solution.
This particular position, of Scala Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Working with Strats and the Trading Desk to understand their immediate and longer-term requirements, extending and enhancing their current technology solution to meet these requirements.
- Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Working closely with colleagues in the IRD Risk system technology team and other technology teams to collaborate on delivering integrated solutions
- Providing support for the desk with application and infrastructure questions or issues.
- Professional development experience: 4+ years
- Strong software engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong in Scala, or core Java development within a service oriented architecture: comfortable with threading, inter-process communication, XML-based messaging
- Experience in medium to large scale server side Java or Scala multi-threaded applications
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL
- Communication: able to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Experience developing high throughput transaction/event processing systems
- Experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX ) operating system
- Knowledge in IRD will be a plus