SSGA Head of Trading, Asia Pacific - Managing Director
- Market Rate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 22 Sep 16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street Global Advisors, and equal opportunity employer, is looking for a highly motivated leader to manage their Hong Kong Trading Desk. This role will focus on managing a team transacting equity, foreign exchange, swaps, options and futures. This trading desk services the wide variety of investing strategies State Street Global Advisors offers including Passive, Active, Fundamental, Overlay and Absolute Return strategies. A successful candidate for this roll will have extensive experience trading such products, exposure to market structure and a deep understanding of the regional investing landscape. We are looking for someone with 10+ years of previous buy side or sell side experience, ability to maintain and enhance existing firm relationships and develop new relationships where appropriate. In this role you will be working along with other Trading Heads located in Boston, London and Stamford and will report directly to the Global Head of Trading. Core knowledge and skills we are seeking include;
- Minimum of 10+ years industry experience and experience managing a trading desk on buy or sell side.
- A comprehensive knowledge of trading and current market practice, market protocols, market structure/exchanges and trading conventions.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills to foster and maintain strong business relationships internally and externally which include but not limited to broker dealers, banks, portfolio managers, marketing, compliance, risk and product.
- Ability to recognize and prioritize competing demands, manage talent development and identify growth opportunities.
- Utilize proven leadership skills to enhance the internal and external functioning of the trading desk.
- Proficient in Trade Cost Analysis and fund performance.
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Possess superior leadership skillanda strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team oriented environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct to ensure compliance with industry practice and regulatory requirements.