Middle Office Manager- Equity Derivatives
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 14 Aug 17
* Leading International Bank * Projects Focus * Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a leading international bank, is looking for a high caliber Middle Office Manager to cover Equity Derivatives products. This person will be the key person to facilitate the global projects and ensure proper control & maintenance is performed on a daily basis.
- Responsible for core Middle Office functions (trade validation, life cycle management, static data maintenance, break resolution and reporting) around equity derivatives products
- Represent Middle Office in governance committees, providing operations representation for external/internal and regulator scheduled audits
- Facilitate initiatives by assisting in booking models for new initiatives, providing continuous efforts on improving workflows, giving expertise to the business matters and performing UAT test case.
- Support delivery of key strategic initiatives, identify and drive process initiatives in order to improve business support
- Performing risk assessments and mitigating any issues by reviewing work procedures and maintaining strong controls
- Understand and implement Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management
- Stakeholder management, including extensive Front Office interaction, ensuring strong communication, transparency, appropriate prioritization and escalation.
- Work closely with other onshore regions to ensure an effective follow the Sun model and globally consistent processes.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance and relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 6 years experience in middle office/ trade support from international bank environment
- Knowledge of Front to Back processes including Trade Booking, life cycle, Confirmation and Settlement is an advantage
- Strong knowledge in equity products (both vanilla and exotics)
- Analytical and strong process improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to deal with different level of staffs within the organization.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese.