Market Data Consultant
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Hatstand, a global financial technology consultancy, is seeking an Senior Business Analyst Lead - Market Data, on a client engagement, a high-profile initiative for market data platform of a global investment bank, spanning across global trading hubs, and migrating to a new platform.
Our global project team is made up of a group of analysts who will be responsible for gathering detailed information on the current market data platform. This will involve working closely with the desk heads and traders to scope out designs for robust market data solutions, before ultimately engaging with the technical teams to oversee implementation.
Within the Asia section of the project, we are looking for a Senior Market Data Consultant with a proven track record of working in front office trading environments. You will have broad cross-asset experience as well as demonstrable knowledge of market data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, CapIQ etc.). An understanding of market data feeds, desktop services, trading and risk processes would also be highly advantageous.
- In conjunction with clients market data vendor representatives, conduct user interviews with targeted users/groups to gather feedback on data, functionality, and workflow requirements relating to the market data products that they currently use to determine if there is an opportunity to leverage an alternative solution at a lower cost point
- To document all data, functionality, and workflow requirements utilizing a standard feedback template and highlight specific gaps that would prevent a user from utilizing an alternate platform.
- To categorize users into appropriate categories.
- To coordinate with internal teams to create accounts and install alternative platform software.
- To conduct regular follow-ups with users to ensure active participation in the program, gain feedback on the product meeting user needs, identification of any gaps and ultimately determine whether the alternative platform is a suitable replacement.
- Liaise with program team and associated vendor support staff to actively manage and communicate status for each engagement, review feedback
- Ensure ongoing support of users during the pilot program to ensure timely conclusion of the engagement
If you would like to know more about this vacancy or have any questions, please contact Jason on +852 3973 6455 or email your profile to Jason.Ng@hatstand.com
Hatstand – a Synechron company is a Global Financial Consultancy and Capital Markets Specialist. We operate in three key areas of financial markets: Trading - Systems & Connectivity, Data Management and Regulation & Risk.
As a software enabling solutions provider, we work closely with our clients to deliver flexible, bespoke solutions that address the diverse challenges of the financial technology environment. Our international reach allows us to successfully execute projects and managed services across the globe, with offices in London, Geneva, Dubai, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.