Manager, Data Governance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 21 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
1. To promote the data governance across the Bank
2. To facilitate the roll out of data governance framework and promote the awareness of compliance with data related regulatory requirements across the Bank
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and manage the data governance committee in accordance with the term of reference and the data governance related themes
2. Assist in promoting a strong data governance culture across businesses, operations and functions
3. Implement data management life cycle in accordance with the group standard
4. Promote and implement the group driven data policies and models for local operations & processes
5. Improve the quality of data by launching local data remediation projects
6. Implement data quality and analytical tool to facilitate regular data profiling & business analytics
7. Provide recommendations and implement on the optimized data architecture, data ownership, and master data management
8. Build data maintenance processes/ meta data repository
9. Lead projects to make sure the bank is in compliance with the group data governance & data quality management framework, group requirements as well as legal/ regulatory requirements associated with data management
10. Monitor and collect the data quality metrics, and proactively follow up data risks & incidents
11. Support and monitor the governance of data security of the Bank
12. Lead projects on a needed basis (such as data strategy implementation, data guideline development, data quality manual preparation, data standards & dictionary enhancement, data integration, data standardization, data audit, and data remediation/ enrichment)
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduate
- Relevant experience in the banking industry
- Good understanding on the regulatory requirements related to data governance
- Self starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong project management and data analytical skills
- Willing to work in multi-functions and multi-geographical environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator (Chinese and English), comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 09/30/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.