Manager, Corporate Actions, Wealth Management Ops
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
To oversee corporate actions activities derived from Wealth Management operations for local and overseas markets
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To supervise corporate actions teams in ensuring all activities are processed according to the Bank's policy and Departmental Operating Instructions Manual.
2. To work with business partners and WM Operations team head in formulating the operating model in corporate actions area according to the Group's target operating model/ policy.
3. To work together with service providers (within SCB) to ensure all services delivered meet the expectation of Wealth Management business.
4. To work together with Business Product at local and Group level on new market initiatives and ensure we are ready on Day 1 when they are launched
5. To work together with Technology and Business Re-engineering in providing user requirements on system development and enhancement.
6. To support the business in meeting its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group's policy and Standards, and under local laws and regulations.
7. To ensure proper risk management control on daily operational matters are imposed without breaching Securities and Futures Ordinance and other relevant regulations.
8. To identify opportunities in streamlining workflow and improve processing efficiency including but not limited to automation and hubbing, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
1. University graduated
2. Securities Industry Experience
3. Proficient in written and verbal English
4. Experience in managing team
5. Business proficiency in Mandarin would be a plus
6. Matured and good emotional intelligence is a must
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30 Sep 16. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.