Loan Syndicate & Sales VP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 21 Aug 17
Loan Syndicate & Sales VP
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Working as part of the APAC Syndicate & Loan Sales team covering all aspects of origination and sales of loan and loan type products in the APAC market.
- Supporting regional and, to a lesser extent, international business lines in their origination of structured finance transactions ensuring that they are marketable from a pricing and structure perspective
- Focusing on all aspects of distribution related activities for syndicated loan product including views of pricing structures, liquidity mapping, distribution strategy and subsequent placement of primary transactions
- Relationship management and franchise building of a portfolio of Loan investors for secondary market investors
- Provide regular feedback on investor appetites, market conditions and structures to relevant internal contacts. As part of this ensuring regular syndication reports and market updates are accurate and circulated internally and externally
- Ensure that the professional image of SG's origination and distribution business in the loan market is maintained at all times
- Ensure SG risk limits, compliance, operational procedures are followed & understood with rigor
- Working closely with regional contacts to manage all aspects of interaction with public side sales teams to promote widest possible distribution platform for SG in the region
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- Degree level education required, post graduate qualification preferred. Ideally some experience in a structured finance environment to provide solid background of credit and products which are being originated and distributed
- Fluent business English required. Fluent business Mandarin required. Background in Loans and good knowledge of Capital Market Products (CDS, Swaps) is beneficial
- Relevant experience in credit and legal documentation is also a core requirement
- Ability to work calmly in pressurized situations and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Transparency, team spirit and strong work ethics key
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details