Lead Business Analyst
- HKD90000.00 - HKD140000.00 per month + competitive
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Hydrogen Group
- 13 Sep 16
Top tier Global Bank is looking for a Lead Business Analyst to deliver the requirements to transition clients from their legacy platforms to a new outsourced model. The focus will be for the Security Lending workstream. 12 months initial contract to permanent opportunity for a high profile project.
This role is to primarily support client transitions onto the Broker Outsourcing Securities Services platform In Asia.
The incumbent will play a key role as a Business Analyst, focusing on the delivery of the requirements to transition clients from their legacy platforms to a new outsourced model (Boss). They will help define the scope and components of workstreams (e.g. Middle Office, Settlements, Reference Data), deliver business and functional requirements across assigned workstreams, contribute to the overall test strategy, and assist in coordination of UAT.
The incumbent will work closely with Operations workstream leads, Operations users, Product Development teams, IT to deliver operational and system changes to support the transition.
A key part of this role will be to identify processing efficiency opportunities across the post trade lifecycle, and ensure this is implemented to create where possible more simplified and streamlined operational processes.
The role requires working collaboratively with regional and global change leads to ensure successful delivery of requirements to enable operational or technical changes to be completed as part of the transition.
- Preferably educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of Security lending business, Reverse Stock loans, Collateral Management, Margining, Corp Action and Settlement processes will be key for this role
- Knowledge of the Securities Post Trade Processing lifecycle.
- Experience working in a front-to-back investment banking environment, with proven ability to work across business functions (from Front Office through Operations, Finance, Risk, Regulatory Reporting)
- Understanding of post trades controls, specifically reconciliations.
- Understanding of Business Analysis methodology, with the ability to tailor process to requirements;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment and execute multiple concurrent assignments effectively
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills, specifically with the business stakeholders.
- The ability to work with colleagues who are geographically dispersed;
- Good business judgment and capacity to consult on and satisfy business needs
- Good stakeholder management / influencing skills, and notably the ability to work with colleagues who are geographically dispersed
- Strong business sense and awareness of the key issues and risks in the securities industry.
- Ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating, communicating and resolving accounting/system problems and challenges that arise within projects.
- Experience of building and maintaining excellent relationships when dealing directly with external clients and third parties.
- Ability to build a consensus at all levels within the organisation
- Able to build strong relationships with other functions and business units and to interface and influence senior managers in the organisation
- Ability to plan and organise workload when working to tight deadlines and maintain a clear head when faced with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to work autonomously, plan strategically, be self-motivated and exhibit "can-do" attitude.