Investment Bank Front Office Application Support Engineer / Analyst (Unix scripting, SQL, ITIL)
- 55K-70K plus bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter International Hong Kong
- 26 Sep 16
A Prominent Investment Bank is urgently looking for a sharp, motivated, and confident technical Application/Production Support professional to work within their Front Office trading floor. Applicants with a finance background, SQL, and Unix scripting skills will be considered. This opportunity offers excellent exposure to equities and derivative product lifecycle from end to end, work-life balance, and generous benefits.
- Provide day to day support of different applications and communicate with users to ensure optimal quality of service.
- Lead and coordinate projects for global teams, and follow up on all potential impacts on the Asian perimeter to ensure production is safe.
- Monitor critical components of the system and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Manage user requests and incident flows through effective communication channels.
- Provide first and second-tier functional and technical support on the trading platforms to traders, sales, operations and finance teams.
- Lead investigations and troubleshoot to resolve problems efficiently and independently.
- Document issues and escalate to the next level of support or development team as needed.
- Work closely with global/regional IT teams to maintain the systems used by different applications.
- Perform sanity checks of the platform and take initiative to improve their efficiency.
- Keep abreast of enhancements and system developments. Maintain a high level of expertise on the applications within your remit.
- Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Engineering disciplines
- 5+ years experience in Application support on the Front Office trade floor is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Unix scripting, SQL, and experience working on Linux or Solaris
- Demonstrate basic financial understanding in Equity Derivatives and Structured Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Comfortable working in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Confident interacting directly with Front Office and Middle Office users
- Proactive in creating solutions to common issues
- Aware of global market activities
- Experience working with vendor products would be an advantage
Interested candidates, please submit your detailed resume to nicola.cheng@Teksystems.com. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.